C/F wrapping - how tough is it?

Gen6GT

They will last as long as you allow them to. I'm sure someone has done this recently?

I think it's about 7 year a wrap is meant to last? But take care of it and it will last longer. I'm sure sj's car takes more of a beating than your wrap would - it's been out in snow and everything! And that's still fine :)

Mikey

As Mikey said, it depends how you treat it, the Hexis wrap that i use is good for 10 years and the wrap i have on my bonnet has been on for a year now and still looks as fresh as the day i put it on

If you do want any wrap though just give me a shout, i do aim to beat any prices you can find on ebay and i do keep stock of carbon wrap at all times

As Mikey said, it depends how you treat it, the Hexis wrap that i use is good for 10 years and the wrap i have on my bonnet has been on for a year now and still looks as fresh as the day i put it on

If you do want any wrap though just give me a shout, i do aim to beat any prices you can find on ebay and i do keep stock of carbon wrap at all times

Yes, I wouldn't use anyone not on the club anyway, and your work looks really good.

So how much to wrap 2 kickplates in silver c/f? I'd have to send them to you, Witney to Sheffield is too long a drive, but I presume that wouldn't be a problem? Not sure who to use for shipping, though.

Getting all excited now :)

I wasn't asking or concerned about warranty. I was really asking that if I had my kickplates c/f wrapped how would they wear? If Mr Wrappers has had his complete bonnet wrapped and it's been a year with no sign of damage, that's good enough for me. Certainly where something like a kickplate is concerned, which spends 99.9% of it's time protected by the bottom of the door.

Are Gen 6 kickplates available in real carbon fibre, then? I haven't been able to find any, even after pretty extensive searching on the Internet.

Yes, I wouldn't use anyone not on the club anyway, and your work looks really good.

So how much to wrap 2 kickplates in silver c/f? I'd have to send them to you, Witney to Sheffield is too long a drive, but I presume that wouldn't be a problem? Not sure who to use for shipping, though.

Getting all excited now :)

Assuming the sill covers are the same as a GT, then i actually have a pair in the garage

If you like i could get those wrapped and send them out to you, then you send me your old ones

I'll have a measure up this weekend and get back to you with a price, but feel free to remind me if you don't hear from me as i do have a busy weekend of wrapping coming up so i might forget blush.gif

Sorry blush.gif, i completely forgot, i'll have a look tomorrow evening and get you price

No problem, mate, I appreciate you're pretty busy at the moment. Just let me know when you have a chance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.