brakes fail

anwar

my caldina gt-t brakes now and then go hard and donot work propley and when that happens the car pulls to 1 side when you brake. and i noticed yesterday the front passenger wheel and the back drivers side wheel was hot, does any 1 know what may be the cause ???

I believe brake systems are split in two so that wheels on each diagonal are joined so that should one of the two halves of the system fail you still have one front and one rear wheel effectively,braking

As its two diagonal opposite wheels getting hot it would suggest,a blockage in that half of the system?

BTW I need to get mine sorted as I can brake once and all is fine but if I brake and then lift off and brake again the pedal,goes harder and effect of brakes is less :( fine if left about 10seconds. Tried it when stationary and I could hear a hiss on first brake press so which part needs replacing and I will,get onto sheep to book it in :)

my caldina gt-t brakes now and then go hard and donot work propley and when that happens the car pulls to 1 side when you brake. and i noticed yesterday the front passenger wheel and the back drivers side wheel was hot, does any 1 know what may be the cause ???

This is just a case of keeping your brakes services, my advice is to get them off the discs one at a time, clean them with a brush and some soapy water and make sure all your pistons and pins are free but check for disc warping when done, this will be noticeable by a vibration or peddle pump when applying the brakes. Dorris

Loads to be getting on with there fella, my pads, front and back have been done recently and my farking hand brake shoes are sticking like mad, replaced and there still up to know good, has now turned the disc blue under the heat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.