Retrimming idiocy!

Mondo

I just thought I'd share this with you all:

I've taken a job on to completely retrim a Gen 6 convertible, so I've made a start the last few days. I thought I'd get the headrests done for the front seats as they should be fairly quick and simple to do.

So I got the first done on Friday, but it didn't seem to fit quite right. There seemed to be a lot of loose leather around the base and it looked generally crap!

I used a bit of heat on it to try and shrink it slightly into position, but to no avail - it still looked rubbish. So I've started again.

You'll all enjoy this next part...

So I decided to start again today, making sure that all my measurements were spot on, etc. Imagine my surprise (and anger at myself) when I discovered that I'd only managed to sew the rear section that wraps around the headrest upside down!!! :angry::blush::lol:

Talk about your muppet errors!! So I've remade one with all the sections the right way round and, unsurprisingly, it looks exactly like a Gen 6 headrest!

Honestly, you couldn't script this sort of lunacy...

Anyway, enjoy your chuckles at my expense and I'll get back to the sewing machine...

i done something simular with tints. cut it out from a template and it was for the wrong side window.

also put on piece of film on before wthout taking the backing off. and wondered why it kept coming off. pmsl

Let us know when it's done, with pics if possible. I'm looking for a hood-cover for my Gen 6 UK Vert, cash ready and waiting! I'll even drive to Co. Durham to get it fitted!

Let us know when it's done, with pics if possible. I'm looking for a hood-cover for my Gen 6 UK Vert, cash ready and waiting! I'll even drive to Co. Durham to get it fitted!

The earliest I'll even have any measurements for a hood cover will be the end of April, mate. I'm going to get all the info I need to make one when I go down to Somerset to fit this Vert retrim, so I'd conservatively say late May...

I can't find anybody who's even vaguely local with a Vert for me to use as a guinea pig. :(

The earliest I'll even have any measurements for a hood cover will be the end of April, mate. I'm going to get all the info I need to make one when I go down to Somerset to fit this Vert retrim, so I'd conservatively say late May...

I can't find anybody who's even vaguely local with a Vert for me to use as a guinea pig. :(

No probs, a good job is worth waiting for. I can live without one for another few months.

D'oh, at least we all know even though you've got awesome trimming skills you're still human :)

I disagree, the speed Mondo can turn Gear Gaiters and Armrest round, he must be part machine......................... part sewing machine that is, like Edward Scissor Hands or something laugh.gif

sheep has a gen6 vert but I dunno where he is based

All being well, I'll be paying Shaun a visit at the end of April. :)

I disagree, the speed Mondo can turn Gear Gaiters and Armrest round, he must be part machine......................... part sewing machine that is, like Edward Scissor Hands or something laugh.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm part something, alright... dunno if it's anything to do with sewing machines though!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.