How much for my Celica?

Sho

Sorry to have to tell you mate, but that T Sport has had a respray too..I'd steer clear ;)

Really? Is it only the GT's that are in storm grey or something?

If your looking to spend £6K you could buy mine with a full GT kit and TRD rear lip:

http://www.celica-cl...0k-miles-l5995/

Beautiful beautiful car! Why do you want to sell it? I'd take that off you I honestly would but for me to afford the £6,000 I was really looking towards finance options, and obviously having to sell my 140 first.

Thanks for the offer though, some lucky bugger is going to enjoy that.

My 2p worth,make sure you can actually afford the car youre going for,when you mention finance be very careful,a guy your age will not be getting the best deal unless you know someone in that area.The finance a garage /dealer will offer you will be generally astronomical,i wish you the best of luck,and i hope you get what youre after-just be careful mate.

My 2p worth,make sure you can actually afford the car youre going for,when you mention finance be very careful,a guy your age will not be getting the best deal unless you know someone in that area.The finance a garage /dealer will offer you will be generally astronomical,i wish you the best of luck,and i hope you get what youre after-just be careful mate.

So finance is a bad idea too? A few of my friends have cars through finance far more expensive that the £6,000 mark. I think I'm just a little to impatient for my own good, probably would be best off waiting and saving up but that will take another 5 months haha, where's a better paid job when I want it huh. Thank you for your advice though, I appreciate it!

Finance in itself isnt bad,its just that due to the recent state of the economy etc lenders are being cagey about who they lend to,i dont know your financial circumstances or what you earn,its just a sticky area at the moment,especially for young blokes.You dont really want to be driving a 6k car thats probably costing you nearer 9k+ once its paid off.Then again,horses for courses,if you intend to keep it for a long time and you can easily swallow the payments then maybe its not as much of a problem.I know how you feel about it all,no-one likes to wait when they see something they really want ,especially with cars!Nice shiny cars,mmm.but think with your brain and your wallet,not just with your eyes! ;)

I just think its time to move on and am looking at a 2.0 tfsi audi tt. Had the celica 5 years and fancy a change.

When saying finance, do you mean personal loan or dealer finance? For a straight loan, personal loans for that amount will be more competive. Have you drove a 190? Your not to far from me, feel free to come have a spin in mine

I just think its time to move on and am looking at a 2.0 tfsi audi tt. Had the celica 5 years and fancy a change.

When saying finance, do you mean personal loan or dealer finance? For a straight loan, personal loans for that amount will be more competive. Have you drove a 190? Your not to far from me, feel free to come have a spin in mine

First of all thanks for the advice thesherv, in all honesty I don't earn an awful lot, I still live at home and don't really have many out goings. So if I did take out a loan then I wouldn't struggle too much as I'm still left with quite a bit of money at the end of the month. Moving into my own place is out of the question unless I get some big time job so for now I'd be happy to spend the majority of my money on a nice car and would definitely want to keep it for the foreseeable future. When I bought my 140 I knew that sooner or later I'd want to move onto something better, but with a T-sport or GT I'd be set!

Hey Morten_Harket

Yeah I originally meant dealer finance but you're right I would benefit a lot more from a personal loan, I looked back at them a while ago to get my 140 before I saved up the money and for some reason I couldn't get one despite never being in debt or anything. Maybe things will be different now but I guarantee you if I could sell my car and get a little loan for myself I'd snatch your car up like a shot.

I have never driven a 190 so don't know how much different it is but I would love to have a go. Your car is an absolute beaut I'm so jealous!

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to add on about your new car, have you had any luck finding any that you like? Got to say nice choice! I hear they're pretty fast

Edited by Sho

Finance all depends on personal circumstances. If you have been refused or offered poor deals you can check your credit report for free by using credit expert (google it - its free for the first month so just register check your report and cancel it). The reports can help you see how you can improve your credit rating. If you dont have a credit card for instance, sometimes its good to have one and ensure you regularly pay it off, or have a contract mobile phone and make sure you are on the electoral list at your address. Any way that allows credit companies to see that you are a reliable person to lend money too.

There is a MASSIVE difference between the 2 cars to be fair. The 140 is a great car, but the 190 just performs that bit more but manages to return comparable economy in daily driving. The engine revs higher and its only when you hit 6200 rpm that the car takes off and keeps pulling to the redline. Ive had her almost 5 years and "lift" still makes me smile, oh and the engine noise is great when you open it up. If you can time gear changes right, you cen keep it in lift all the way through each gear. I guarantee it, once you drive a 190 you will HAVE to have one lol. I have beaten/kept up with cars that a Celica shouldnt keep up with. Im keeping an eye out on TT's, Audi are playing hard ball with me at the moment so im not best pleased with them. But have drove the TTS with a DSG gear box, very very nice. But the 2.0 TFSI with some nice toys will do me fine. Then again, if Toyota pull their finger out with the FT86 I may have to stay loyal to Jap cars. I love my Celica dont get me wrong, it is a fantastic car, but in the next few years ill be settling down so need a new toy for my last few years of "singleness" lol before I have to buy a Mondeo or something incredibly dull.

Feel free to come down from the Toon, im only an hour away in Boro.

Edited by Morten_Harket

Finance all depends on personal circumstances. If you have been refused or offered poor deals you can check your credit report for free by using credit expert (google it - its free for the first month so just register check your report and cancel it). The reports can help you see how you can improve your credit rating. If you dont have a credit card for instance, sometimes its good to have one and ensure you regularly pay it off, or have a contract mobile phone and make sure you are on the electoral list at your address. Any way that allows credit companies to see that you are a reliable person to lend money too.

There is a MASSIVE difference between the 2 cars to be fair. The 140 is a great car, but the 190 just performs that bit more but manages to return comparable economy in daily driving. The engine revs higher and its only when you hit 6200 rpm that the car takes off and keeps pulling to the redline. Ive had her almost 5 years and "lift" still makes me smile, oh and the engine noise is great when you open it up. If you can time gear changes right, you cen keep it in lift all the way through each gear. I guarantee it, once you drive a 190 you will HAVE to have one lol. I have beaten/kept up with cars that a Celica shouldnt keep up with. Im keeping an eye out on TT's, Audi are playing hard ball with me at the moment so im not best pleased with them. But have drove the TTS with a DSG gear box, very very nice. But the 2.0 TFSI with some nice toys will do me fine. Then again, if Toyota pull their finger out with the FT86 I may have to stay loyal to Jap cars. I love my Celica dont get me wrong, it is a fantastic car, but in the next few years ill be settling down so need a new toy for my last few years of "singleness" lol before I have to buy a Mondeo or something incredibly dull.

Feel free to come down from the Toon, im only an hour away in Boro.

Well I just signed up to credit expert and it said I'm satisfactory or something, there wasn't much of a rating but then again I only have a debit card and have never been in debt for any reason. I also have a contract mobile phone and I'm on the electoral list. I might do a quote on a loan and see what it comes up with. Thanks by the way, great help!

See I never even knew about lift until I joined this forum, I thought it was just faster in general but then learnt about lift and started checking to see what it was like on youtube, it looks like great fun! Haha that's the thing with me, I haven't even driven one yet and already want one, especially yours. It literally has everything that I want, could buy it and not feel the need to have to modify it in anyway its perfect. Haha do you find yourself racing a lot? I'm quite competitive in that way, coming off billy mill roundabout going onto the coast road is always an over take opportunity for me.

I'm not going to lie the Audi looks fantastic, I can see why you want one. I had a look at them on the autotrader a while back and the majority of them had high mileage but I guess if you're willing to spend a little bit more on one then you'll find yourself a right steal. Are the FT86 pictures on the forum how it will actually look or just a concept? If so then it looks incredible! Don't even want to think about how much one of those will cost. Haha tell me about it, may as well enjoy yourself while you still can until the baby seats come into place and like you say, you end up driving a Mondeo. I still live at home so may as well take the opportunity and spend money on a car I REALLY want.

Thanks man I'll be sure to keep in touch.

Its not really about how much debt you have, its your ability to pay it back which is key. Dont get too many quotes for loans though as it damages your credit score which takes a few months to recover (stops you applying for too many loans etc etc) My brother just bought an Imprezza and the credit check reduced his score by 200 points!

Thanks for the compliments on my car, the only thing left is to supercharge her and perhaps a TRD exhaust but I cant justify the cost and the insurance of supercharging. Its taken a while but yeah I love her and when shes all cleaned up, looks a treat and I will be very sad to see her go at some point. So would prefer her to stay in the club and with someone who will look after her. I dont race to be honest, I drive mainly to work and probs only hit lift once, twice a week when im driving for my enjoyment and not purely to get somewhere. I think as you get a bit older and you see some dick head in a silly car up your ass, you just let them past, you know you can leave them for dust so why bother. But I will admit that if some fool is trying to impress someone in the passenger seat then you have to occassionaly rise to the bait :P To be fair though, since putting the full kit on her I have had more people stare at the car than race it. The kids on the estate always shout "nice car" and it still turns heads. Thats the only problem I have with getting any new car, the celica fully kitted up still turns heads and is still a lovely looking car over 10 years since it was introduced. All my friends are shocked that im even considering selling up as they know how much ive put into the Celica.

The FT86 II is still a concept but im sure will keep many of the styling cues, I WILL be getting one. Probs my last hurrah for a while with sports cars. With TT' s you can get one with circa 20k miles on for 18k with some toys on so they are not bad value. They also hold the value well to.

Edited by Morten_Harket

Well no wonder mine is so crap haha! Before saving the money to get my Celica I did about 10 quotes and got rejected for all of them, Its almost been 9 months since that happened though so hopefully things will be different now. Ahh very nice, what do you think of the Imprezas?

Yeah I can imagine a supercharger would give you a supercharged insurance quote for something like that, I wish I knew how to do all that kind of stuff, Its embarrasing because I literally know next to nothing about cars but really want to learn, I'm on here every night reading different topics and trying to be a bit more knowledgeable. Totally understandable, at least you know if someone from the club bought it then the car would be well looked after. I've washed my car twice in the past week and still feel the need to take it in the back lane again and clean it more, going to start doing the engine plastics in the next 20 minutes as the weather is still pretty nice. So you just get used to letting people pass you know? I need to start doing that instead of being hellbent on making sure no one passes me, especially if they're in some crap charved up car. But yes haha I know exactly what you mean, some guy with a girl in the passenger seat looking smug, I MUST smoke him.

In all fairness there seem to be quite a lot of Celicas about but there's only one GT I've seen around here so no wonder yours makes people do a 180 neck wrench, I'd certainly be doing that if I saw it.

You could still make the Audi look really nice though, definitely! That reminds me, if you were going to supercharge the Celica you'd be keeping it right? It would be faster then an Audi TT after that :D

I wish I could say I was getting one too, a better paid job and I'd join you. But yeah if you can afford above the £10,000 mark then you're bound to get a nice one with good mileage. Man its exciting looking at new cars! Why is always the same, the need for more. I've only had the Celica 9 months and already want the 190.

i love credit i really do , lets walk the math a second

6000 car ,,, (from a dealer so worth 4000 )

finance over 5 years at 19.9% + each year your paying 1200 in interest

interest over loan period = £6000 plus paying capital back =£6000

total cost of car therefore is £12000

except

in 5 years time the car has a value to it , depends on the finance offered it could be at this point the car is owned by yourself and your able to sell it ( unless its a personnal loan which can be alot higher on the interest rate ) , chances are the car your looking on is a 2003 model so it will be 13 years old and superceeded by a new model the ft86 , this would make your just paid for car worth about the same as a late gen 6 ,,,, so upto £1500 going on todays value

now that sucks dick

to me if you dont have the money dont buy it , if you really really must then get an interest free credit card and stick it on that , my sons 21 and id concider him a complete dipshit if he was to take out finance on any car over such a period , i also wouldnt expect him to have the car still in the year 2016 and if he did id expect it to be shagged

just a thought

i love credit i really do , lets walk the math a second

6000 car ,,, (from a dealer so worth 4000 )

finance over 5 years at 19.9% + each year your paying 1200 in interest

interest over loan period = £6000 plus paying capital back =£6000

total cost of car therefore is £12000

except

in 5 years time the car has a value to it , depends on the finance offered it could be at this point the car is owned by yourself and your able to sell it ( unless its a personnal loan which can be alot higher on the interest rate ) , chances are the car your looking on is a 2003 model so it will be 13 years old and superceeded by a new model the ft86 , this would make your just paid for car worth about the same as a late gen 6 ,,,, so upto £1500 going on todays value

now that sucks dick

to me if you dont have the money dont buy it , if you really really must then get an interest free credit card and stick it on that , my sons 21 and id concider him a complete dipshit if he was to take out finance on any car over such a period , i also wouldnt expect him to have the car still in the year 2016 and if he did id expect it to be shagged

just a thought

If I was to buy a car of that price then I'd be selling mine first so hopefully that would give me around £3,000 to put down a nice deposit. I'll be honest I'm just greedy and have no patience. I just feel like my 140 is becoming boring and I want faster/more responsive. Was messing round with it earlier to see what the pull was like and there was just nothing.

I totally understand where you're coming from though and I do appreciate the advice. Although I'm sure if I had a car I really wanted then selling it any time soon would be out of the question. I always knew I'd move on from the 140 to something faster. But when you put it into perspective then I puts me off taking out any sort of loan unless it was a good one...which lets face it, wouldn't be.

For the mean time I guess I'll have to settle for my 140, just wish there was something I could do to make it more of an animal.

st205 ? insurance again i know , there bastards they really are

if you could chill and save for a couple of years then that would be the very best place to be , if not then an interest free credit card is really the only thing that can help , tesco/virgin have 15+ months of interest free , if you could get a car with a value of 3 grand plus save a grand i recon you would be in bizz , thats 4 grand , that can get you the car your after easly enough privately , then on the sale of your car you would owe say 2 grand ,,,, call that a monthly payment to the credit card company of £170 for just 12 months and guess what , the cars all your , paid for !!!! on a loan your looking on £130 for the next 5 years , sod that ,,,, so it can be done for sure , just do your very very best to avoid interest

there you go , thrown you a rope

( oh get your mom or dad to get the card bullshitting it to get the 3 grand limit if you dont have the credit rating , arrange a direct debt instantly to pay it off , dont whatever you do miss a payment )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.