Accident Repair...?

Tom88

Hi All

My gf has just called me to say some utter fu%&ing twat has cut her up, resulting in her having to swerve to avoid and hitting a wall. He drove off so she has no details and it was dark. I havent seen the car yet but from the sound of it, its mostly paint damage. Im guessing at the moment but if she hit a brick wall its probably back to the metal and also a small dent.

I think there is a good chance the insurance would write that off but she has had nothing bad luck with the car since the guy sold to her already a write off without telling us!!

What do you think the best option would be? Money isnt growing trees at the moment so anything over £250 is most likely not going to happen any time soon. Its a silver car, so what about giving DIY a go? Is silver an easy colour to match?

Im not sure how it works with insurance but if she calls them, and they send some to check over the damage and decide its a write off....can she walk away at that point and decide not to declare it officially? IE just get the work done as and when she can afford to (the car drives fine, just superficial damage) or would she have to buy it back to fix it at that point? If thats the case i guess we would be better not telling them and getting some quotes first?

Il try and get some pictures up on here in the next hour or so when she arrives.

Thanks for any advise!

I have got a few silver panels in stock and have also got another TRD kitted silver gen6 due in this coming week too. ( It was supposed to be in last week, but it got delayed )

So I should be able to help on the panels if required,. :thumbs:

Hi All

My gf has just called me to say some utter fu%&ing twat has cut her up, resulting in her having to swerve to avoid and hitting a wall. He drove off so she has no details and it was dark. I havent seen the car yet but from the sound of it, its mostly paint damage. Im guessing at the moment but if she hit a brick wall its probably back to the metal and also a small dent.

I think there is a good chance the insurance would write that off but she has had nothing bad luck with the car since the guy sold to her already a write off without telling us!!

What do you think the best option would be? Money isnt growing trees at the moment so anything over £250 is most likely not going to happen any time soon. Its a silver car, so what about giving DIY a go? Is silver an easy colour to match?

Im not sure how it works with insurance but if she calls them, and they send some to check over the damage and decide its a write off....can she walk away at that point and decide not to declare it officially? IE just get the work done as and when she can afford to (the car drives fine, just superficial damage) or would she have to buy it back to fix it at that point? If thats the case i guess we would be better not telling them and getting some quotes first?

Il try and get some pictures up on here in the next hour or so when she arrives.

Thanks for any advise!

officially ??? do what now

ok she gets in touch with the insurance company , fair enough , if your asking if its then logged as damaged then no it isnt , in the event of a claim is when its then listed as a cat a,b,c or d ,,, it gets listed when the insurance pays out only , untill this point its her car to do what she pleases with it

couple of things , with pictures you will get a fair amount of help here in guidence , have a good look to see what needs doing

also has she reported it to the cops ? if so you may be able to recover funds under the insurance compensation fund , simply put when we pay for insurance we pay approx 15% to much as this goes into a pot to pay out against uninsured drivers , reality is the feckin insurance funds is self perpetuation but thats another argument , anyway you may have a chance of a claim

other thing is your cars 14 , having it listed as a cat d for example makes no difference to value at all

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.