solar powered chargers

ive panels on my shed running through grid tied inverters

this charger will work as its only got to replace tiny amounts of power lost from alarms and clocks etc , my thoughts are will it overcharge the battery ? i also wondered if anyone was using them for there cars which dont get used too offen

ive panels on my shed running through grid tied inverters

this charger will work as its only got to replace tiny amounts of power lost from alarms and clocks etc , my thoughts are will it overcharge the battery ? i also wondered if anyone was using them for there cars which dont get used too offen

Without a charge controller and just connected as it is straight to the battery then yes i would assume that it will just keep charging regardless of the state of the battery.

Reckon it could run a car headunit? would be good in the sumer if up in the hills.

not a chance , however a bigger version could , thankfully the sun comes up hrs before people normally rise so the battery in the summer can be getting power for 16 1/2 hrs

dublet this is a amorphous panel so it produces power even when there cloud or raining , if its light its making power , its the most efficient panel for shit light applications so is good for a plug and leave trickle charger , as for the watts produced well it goes up and down , at times it would hit 6 and other times 2 or 3 , this should be more than enough to deal with the milliamps used by a clock and alarm

I bought one that sticks to the inside of windscreen and can either charge battery by connectign to battery or through cigarette lighter socket. Also had overcharge protection.

Load of shite, didn't work in the slightest. Then again my car had proximity sensor so that may have drained it faster than it trickle charged...

being an eco warrior ( warrior ? moaner ) ive sniffed around these for a while , has anyone got any experience with them ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I have a 30 x 9 cm panel. All I can say is the lighter socket and croc clips are fine. Not bad value.

The panel produces anything from zero to 20 something volts in bright sunlight and about 40 mA max.

You would be better off with a few lemons, galvanised nails and pre 1992 2p pieces.

Better for the sniffing but difficult to blend with the lines of a Celica.

I have a 30 x 9 cm panel. All I can say is the lighter socket and croc clips are fine. Not bad value.

The panel produces anything from zero to 20 something volts in bright sunlight and about 40 mA max.

You would be better off with a few lemons, galvanised nails and pre 1992 2p pieces.

Better for the sniffing but difficult to blend with the lines of a Celica.

lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.