Where to get number plates made?

Search the net for show plates, there should be loads of places, but they are technically illegal and should only be used off road as you now need to show ID and your log book to buy legal reg plates

I hear ya. No one will be able to tell though as I'm using my actual reg. number. I mean how would the plod know I got them without showing my log book? But that's not the worst bit! To fit, the plate will have to be square with the writing on top of eachother. I'm not sure that's legal, is it?

As long as you use legal lettering you should be fine, but new no. plates need the manufacturers name and other info anlong the bottom, but as this is a relatively new rule, if you ever get stopped just say it was like that when you bought it, as the age of your car will pre-date the new rules anyway

Do you mean a Jap style square plate

OK thanks Rich. Yeah I mean Jap style square plates with legal font and colour, the only thing I was worried about was the shape. I've seen a fair few cars with square plates so you'd assume they'd be OK. But then there's a fair few uninsured cars about as well. :blush:

you don't have to have the GB letters and Euro flag on the lefthand side, they are strictly optional (although they save you needing to stick a GB sticker on the back if you go abroad... but they are the only thing that's legally allowed down the side of the plate.

Everything else is illegal.

you don't have to have the GB letters and Euro flag on the lefthand side, they are strictly optional (although they save you needing to stick a GB sticker on the back if you go abroad... but they are the only thing that's legally allowed down the side of the plate.

Everything else is illegal.

Yeah I looked that up last night cheers Steve. Slightly disappointed lol but I'd rather have a boring, dull number plate than a fine through my door or a ticket.

Oh no I forgot about it :P

I'm gonna do it in a min.

Didn't work. I have no black wire going into the cig lighter. I also don't have a cig lighter light at all when I have my lights on. Maybe it's a facelift thing? I'm not sure.

Edited by MagicMan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.