ebay ngk iridium plugs

devnet

iv just ordered a set of IRIDIUM IX from this ebay site http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT . but just got them in the post and there are the laser iridium premium ones what are the diffrents between the 2???

Shame he did not join up as a Corp Member, you could have saved your postage costs. But you could mention Celica-Club and let him know we are buying from him.

He's first post.

i found this There are also

"Iridium IX" and "Laser Iridium" from NGK. The Iridium IX has an iridium electrode and a nickel ground. These are the highest performance plugs (about as good as regular nickel) but with a life span of 40k. The "Laser Iridium" plugs have an iridium electrode and platinum ground with a life span of 80k. The laser iridium plugs have better performance than regular platinum plugs, but aren't quite as good performance wise compared to copper or Iridium IX plugs.

Honestly, you won't notice much performance difference between the plugs usually so it probably doesn't make much difference. I went with Iridium IX this last time because they are rated for 10k more miles than stock and because I wanted the best fuel economy I could get even if the improvement was minuscule. I thought about the Laser Iridium's, but they were like 3x more than the IX Iridiums and with less performance so...

The reason the performance of platinum plugs isn't as good as copper or iridium is because the electronic resistance of platinum is higher than copper and iridium. More electric resistance means a weaker spark.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.