cost of a power run?

Serratia

That's a good idea Rich I'd be up for that. I'm sure Brinkz, Bumblebee and J03 would also be up for it. How about an interest thread? Please add your name if you fancy joining in or could suggest one local to us. I know Well Lane Turbo Centre do them in Batley but don't know how much they charge. I did e mail them but got no reply.

1. Serratia

That's a good idea Rich I'd be up for that. I'm sure Brinkz, Bumblebee and J03 would also be up for it. How about an interest thread? Please add your name if you fancy joining in or could suggest one local to us. I know Well Lane Turbo Centre do them in Batley but don't know how much they charge. I did e mail them but got no reply.

1. Serratia

What, and destroy our illusion that the car has 200bhp ;)

I guess I could be interested - are we putting money on the outcome :)

i will be up for it if its a 4x4 rolling road

i can have a word with stattler in sheffield and see if they have theirs up and running yet.

my mate may be interested also

i ring them 2morro see what steve has to say

when they did cambelt on my car he said it was nearly up and running

What, and destroy our illusion that the car has 200bhp ;)

I guess I could be interested - are we putting money on the outcome :)

Haha you should bet your spare clutch and i'll stake my spare puddle lights! :)

None of us will see anywhere near that, I'm hoping for owt over 170 lol

Haha you should bet your spare clutch and i'll stake my spare puddle lights! :D

None of us will see anywhere near that, I'm hoping for owt over 170 lol

;):):)

Tell you what, buy my clutch and replace your OEM jobby and you might just get there B)

BTW, you probably paid more for your lights than I did my clutch so wouldn't be fair....

Nice one. I just sent them an e mail asking how much for a run and if there is a discount for a group booking.

The bradford place matey? I need to get an alloy straightened in Clecky next week so don't mind stopping by & having a word with these guys.

The bradford place matey? I need to get an alloy straightened in Clecky next week so don't mind stopping by & having a word with these guys.

yeah I mailed the brad one. That would be good matey, see what deal you can get for 5 or 10 cars. Looking forward to it ;)

I guess your question's already had an answer but £40-£45 is about right. As you've said, a block booking might get you a discount, I think Hayes were asking £35 for 10+ iirc...

Looking forward to seeing some results. Don't forget to ask for dyno printouts and share them with us (good or bad!)

ive recently organised one over on the OC @ Surrey rolling road for this saturday.

Charlie normally charges £45 a run.

With a group booking - min of 12 max of 25 this came down to £35 each.

The OC is subsidising each club member to the tune of £10 each so its only costing £25 each.

Get a full printout and SRR are regarded as one of the best dynos around and is used by many top tuners and car magazines

SRR = Surrey Rolling Road lol ;)

FWIW they use a Dyno Dynamics, the same as most of the UKs rolling roads. Weston use one, Hayes use one, Power Engineering use one, I'll bet the place you're going to also use one... They're all much of a muchness. It's as much about the operators capabilities to set it up accurately and the correction factors used in calculations etc.

Once me or J03 come back with some prices, we'll get a proper idea of numbers and then start looking at dates. It would have to be a weekend for me, or in my school holidays ;) lol But the sooner the better really, I just want an idea of the stock power output from my T-sport before I start modding engine, exhaust and induction set up etc. As i'd like to do a power run after fitting CAI induction kit and TRD (or similar exhaust), and then another after fitting Se7ens Stage 2 cams. I think thats data that everyone might be interested in as it will allow people to make informed decisions about which mods they choose and the order they do them in. On newcelica.com they have a section for people just to post their power runs with different mods. Its nice to see what can be achieved with each type of mod. Could we do that here?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.