Putting in an insurance claim

here a great one for you all, Any info to help me would be great.

i was pulling into a space to park the other day, and i touched the car behind (it was the lightest touch ever)

the person was in the car and got out to tell me i had hit hes car, looking at both cars their was no damage to both cars,

(there was no marks / paint or anything on both bumpers)there wasnt even a mark in the dirty that was on my bumper.

he never asked for my insurance details and we left it like that,

yesterday i had a phone call from my insurance company saying he is filing a claim.

how can you put in for a insurance claim if there was no damage to both cars?

next question.

the guys car was a bit modded alloys and i think a non standard bumper and exhaust if he hasnt let he's insurance company know would he's case be thrown out?

Again any info would be great

legally he has to inform his insurance company of any modifications or the insurance is invaild but then it would depend on what his company call modifications just take a pic on your phone when ever you have any sort of accident that way they can see anything that has been done or not done

get a picture of your car asap and print it off , get it whitnessed and signed `` a true and real likeness , signed etc etc and dated )

then send it to your insurance along with all details plus how you contest any claim due to a lack of damage on either car

find out his details ( from your insurance ) , write to him informing you intend to go to the police as its a clear case of fraud on his part , also inform your insurace and his of the same ,,,,, and do it , get it recorded , get a number , pass this number onto both his and your insurance

then sit back and relax , bet nothing comes of it after this

I was going to say I didn't do anything but when I phoned my insurance company I was thinking it's best to be straight with them,

I have pictures of my car and that there is no damage but it was night time so I didn't take any at the time,

I had 2 people in my car and 2/3 people see what happened which I have spoken to and they are willing to help,

Just seems a bit fishy to me,

O btw I asked my insurance company for he's details and they said they haven't got much info at the moment and that they can't give me he's details, that must be balls,

I was going to say I didn't do anything but when I phoned my insurance company I was thinking it's best to be straight with them,

I have pictures of my car and that there is no damage but it was night time so I didn't take any at the time,

I had 2 people in my car and 2/3 people see what happened which I have spoken to and they are willing to help,

Just seems a bit fishy to me,

O btw I asked my insurance company for he's details and they said they haven't got much info at the moment and that they can't give me he's details, that must be balls,

no , take new pics in the day and get them witnessed at tyhe same time , the pic is to show you have no damage at all , the witness is to be just that , someone who has merorialised the car on that date and time and within a time you could not have had the car repaired , should only take a minute or so , night time is no good ,must be cold hard light of day and at least 5 pics

here a great one for you all, Any info to help me would be great.

i was pulling into a space to park the other day, and i touched the car behind (it was the lightest touch ever)

the person was in the car and got out to tell me i had hit hes car, looking at both cars their was no damage to both cars,

(there was no marks / paint or anything on both bumpers)there wasnt even a mark in the dirty that was on my bumper.

he never asked for my insurance details and we left it like that,

yesterday i had a phone call from my insurance company saying he is filing a claim.

how can you put in for a insurance claim if there was no damage to both cars?

next question.

the guys car was a bit modded alloys and i think a non standard bumper and exhaust if he hasnt let he's insurance company know would he's case be thrown out?

Again any info would be great

i have pritty much exactly the same problem atm mate, im just guna send them a letter explaining what happend and leave it at that. whats the point in claiming on a dent that can be pulled out?

thats what i say lol

When you send pics to insurance, make sure you have pic in a camera that has a date stamp. I did when I had my incident in May last year.

A date stamp on a camera would do justice, believe me, I had 350 pic took for my car before it went into repair workshop, I had to proof there was no damages before the repair. The guy in the repair center denied damages at first, until I show them my pics on my camera lol.

Edited by Slix03

i would also deny that you hit him , if theres no damage then hes not really got a foot to stand on.

say he hit you even lol

Agreed I would say he hit you, it will chuck a spanner in the works. :)

Did you not take pictures straight after?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.