Painting calipers

I must be the least practical man on earth, but I f***ed up the painting of my calipers. I don't think I cleaned them properly. I sprayed on some halfords brake cleaner and went at it with a brush but neither did much. So I just said f*** this and just painted them with the hammerite. Looks shit. I'm gonna do some more layers tomorrow to try save it, but will most likely put them on looking wank and get someone else to do it. Oh and I'm not even sure what bits I need to paint lmao. I've just painted the front facing bits and left the backsides and the inner bits. Sound about right? Or should I employ my gung ho tactics and just paint everything?

Next up, a short shifter and bushes :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-Brembo-Look-Brak...=item3cad2156c3

I have used these before, fitted them with 'Tiger Seal', left over night... been on a year and look good - no painting needed! Only problem is they really need to be removed to change pads and if you drive/brake hard there may be heat issues... but they do look nice. :P

I must be the least practical man on earth, but I f***ed up the painting of my calipers. I don't think I cleaned them properly. I sprayed on some halfords brake cleaner and went at it with a brush but neither did much. So I just said f*** this and just painted them with the hammerite. Looks shit. I'm gonna do some more layers tomorrow to try save it, but will most likely put them on looking wank and get someone else to do it. Oh and I'm not even sure what bits I need to paint lmao. I've just painted the front facing bits and left the backsides and the inner bits. Sound about right? Or should I employ my gung ho tactics and just paint everything?

Next up, a short shifter and bushes :D

I have used these before, fitted them with 'Tiger Seal', left over night... been on a year and look good - no painting needed! Only problem is they really need to be removed to change pads and if you drive/brake hard there may be heat issues... but they do look nice. :D

I have used these before, fitted them with 'Tiger Seal', left over night... been on a year and look good - no painting needed! Only problem is they really need to be removed to change pads and if you drive/brake hard there may be heat issues... but they do look nice. :)

haha cool.

got a pic of them on your car?

Thanks. My calipers are like black with dirt though and seem to have about a mm of ancient crust that is showing no signs of coming off. How would you reckon I clean them? I've only done one layer of shit paint on one caliper btw. And can I use a hair dryer to dry the paint or put them in the oven to speed up the drying process is this cold weather?

For cleaning, I'd pressure/hose wash them first, then brake cleaner & a wire brush and possibly an old toothbrush for the tighter areas

Dry thoroughly

A hair dryer or the oven will work, (not the microwave), but each coat of Caliper Paint/Hammerite tends to dry within 30 minutes

This time of year can be too cold for 'outdoor' caliper painting and also all your hard work will be dirty again within 3-4 weeks

Personally, I paint mine in mid/late March, ready for the, (hopeful), Summer

Way too complex for me. That guys shoe laces are too long. Though the you will need "A pair of hands" made me chuckl a bit.

Velcro all the way for me!

ps. I also do that two loop method when/if I have to tie my laces :)

I painted my Calipers silver & blue.

But I want to change the Blue to WHITE! come summer...if I manage to find white paint for the job

img0686z.jpg

Velcro all the way for me!

ps. I also do that two loop method when/if I have to tie my laces :D

I painted my Calipers silver & blue.

But I want to change the Blue to WHITE! come summer...if I manage to find white paint for the job

img0686z.jpg

You can get the covers in blue too.... then highlight any areas in white that you want. :P

Hmmm, velcrom - didn't think of that, lol. Not sure it would hold well enogh tbh :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.