new celica

nairn man

just been looking at the new celica and i am surprised at it will have the boxer engine of a subaru.

i think it will be this one

toyota3thumbnail.jpg

but this is very nice

2012-celica1.jpg

Powering the coupe will be a Subaru 2.0 liter flat-4 engine with 200hp and 145 lb-ft. of torque. Road and Track is predicting that the car will weigh in at about 2700 lbs. That would make this a pretty quick car pushing 0-60mph around 6 seconds or better.The base engine will likely be coupled with a six-speed manual and an optional automatic transmission. Talk of a premium celica gt4 turbocharged version and the plans that it will deliver over 300 horsepower.

the top one looks like a 3/407!

I always thought the Gen 7 had a smattering of a slightly squarer Peugeot look about it, myself, anyway.

Both the cars in those pics look like tubs of lard.

Angus

The top one is a modified Scion tC, it replaced the Celica in the US.

Scion-TC-1.gif

The bottom one is the Toyota FT86, which will be released in 2012.

Neither are a "new" Celica.

thats like saying a acura is not a honda or a lexus is not a toyota

thats like saying a acura is not a honda or a lexus is not a toyota

its nothing like that :) that is the car manufacture you are comparing, not the cars name

dub is right the bottom picture is a FT86 and hasnt been confirmed what it will be called, everyone is speculating it to be the new celica when Toyota have neither confirmed or denied this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.