Thermostat

gen7nnb

Hey, I've been talking about this in the gen 7 forum but thought here it would get more views. I have just changed my rad and just before it let go of the coolant, the blowers were only blowing cold, then suddenly went hot. This to me suggests sticking thermostat.

I have the old one out and had it in a pan on the hob and it has open and closed smoothly 3 times.

What I want to know is, should I change it anyway as it is out or do you guys think it is ok? Bearing in mind that the top plate has a little surface rust on it but the pin it slides on is totally clean and shiny.

All help much appreciated.

if its out and the car is already apart it would be stupid for the small amount of money it would cost to not change it. if you think it could be part of the problems you had then just throw in a new one.

just price them up quick and its only £20 and then you know you dont have to check it again.

andy

Doesn't sound like a thermostat problem at all. Those are the symptoms of low water level.

agreed - sounds like its not bled properly - gen7 is a bit of a pain to bleed - but for the price of a stat maybe worth swapping out anyway

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.