Cumbrian members

Rad

Most of the gen 7 brigade are also those nearing retirement age, Celica's are supposed to be for young lads/lasses and those going thro a mid life crisis!!

Rad

Edited by Rad

Good man, nice looking motor you have, must be a bastard to insure at 23? hang on you joined in Aug 06 making you 19 and owning that!! what's insurance for a 19 year old back then?

Rad

Edited by Rad

Good man, nice looking motor you have, must be a bastard to insure at 23? hang on you joined in Aug 06 making you 19 and owning that!! what's insurance for a 19 year old back then?

Rad

Might of owned a different model back then.....

Most of the gen 7 brigade are also those nearing retirement age, Celica's are supposed to be for young lads/lasses and those going thro a mid life crisis!!

Rad

ha ha

Edited by Liam 190

Rad

Heh, it's not too bad really, though more than I'd like. I pay 1083 fully comp, all mods declared. I had a gen 5 gt at 18, then a gen 5 gt-four at 20, now I have the gen 6 gt-four. The gen 5 gt4 only cost about 600-700 quid a year to insure, which wasn't bad and at that time I was getting quotes on the gen 6 gt4 for aboiut 900. The mods bumped it up this year by about 150 though.

Where you from then, workington? Some nice roads around there, good for a burn about! Plus you're near camskill incase your car breaks down. Excellent!

Edited by joe588

i can see barrow from bedroom window does that count as cumbria lol, i'm just a few miles south of lancaster and 5 mile to the left on the coast. Celica is out of bounds at mo till it's finished.

Some roads are awesome, when there's no pot holes, the best road has been spoiled by the inclusion of SPECS radars - the A66 alongside Bassenthwaite Lake - used to be great throwing your car along that dual carriageway. I think Top Gear had a heavy metal petrolhead (can't remember his name) on who loved Cumbrian roads, I think he was from Alston east of Penrith.

I've only used Camskill a few times for tyres, nothing else. Most of their trade is internet I think.

Edited by Rad

I'm usually around Cockermoth visiting my family but do head into workington. I know what you mean about the road on the a66 shame about the cameras but it was all ways going to happen at some point. If you want a really great road though id suggest Honnister Pass stunning road and the views are amazing loads of nice photo opportunities along the way as well.

How many of us are from Cumbria as I don't see anyone posting topics etc from up here.

Rad

Born in Whitehaven and now in south Cumbria. Used to go to Rowrah for karting and have passed my midlife crisis!

I reckon there are as many Celicas as anywhere else despite the huge potholes we now have.

I live in High Harrington and there's 5 Gen 7's here that I know of. To all non Cumbrians, H Harrington is spread over about a mile. Loads others knocking about West Cumbria.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.