magnecor prob

sonic

last year i put some ngk plat plugs and some magnecors on next doors gen 6 gt , was having a toy today as it was running like a bag of spanners , and noticed the leads are arcing out (2 right hand side ones) , has anyone know magnecors to deteriorate that fast or what the likely hood of them being damaged when his clutch was done , ran shit just after it was done

I had Magnecors on my Faff,they werent new either but were fine,though a few of the GT4 crowd wont have them on their cars...dont know if its the usual personal opinion thing or what,but i would be very disappointed if they deteriorated that quick on a car of mine.

Shouldn't deteriorate at all, have a closer isnpection see if yo ucan see exactly where it's arcing, could have got pinched during some component removal and split the silicone possibly...

The reason most people don't like magnecors is the ends are crap and don't like being taken on and pff a lot,so if you'r fitting thyem fit with iridium plugs and leave alone for good :thumbs:

the forth lead looked cracked , hard to tell in torch light , but there is an arc under the manifold , and then running along 2 of the leads near the alarm , to add to that since the clutch being fitted the alarm went tits up as well , i think the 2 leads that run along it have ballsed it up with there sparking

The only problem I had with meganecors on my 2.0 was the lead kept coming off cylinder 4 even did at the pod ended up doing a decnt time on 3 cylinders :thumbs:

this is why i was pissing around with a gen 6 in the first place , number 3 kept popping up , tightened up the plugs and cured that prob , but she was still missing slightly , thats when i found the arcing out (as it was then dark)

fitted them to a few cars over the years, thought the build quality on the facelift gen 5 ones were pish and a sera I fitted a set to split within a year or so, i dont dislike them but think in certain cases (IE low volume manufacture ones like the gen 5 facelift ones) could be better.

sonic- on the ones that split on me it was a sealed rubber elbow that came apart. it didnt cause any running problems, and i split up with the owner before it became my problem :) but I imagine if a couple had done this it would have arced across.

just had a quick peek at the leads in the day light , they are all crazed both the rubber plug and the red lead part , if it wasnt the fact I fitted them last year they look like they have been on the car 15 years :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.