Android OBD II Scanner

fieldy

Just purchased 'Torque' from the android market and bought a bluetooth OBD II adaptor from Hong Kong for £18 on ebay.

This app scans fault codes, gives you descriptions and clears the codes.

It also gives you live engine data, quarter mile times, 0-60 times, fuel pressure, coolant temp, rpm, speed and tons more!

The app was £3, but you can get a free version, so in all I spent £21 on an obd scanner than can do alot more then most budget ones!!!

Will report back when I have tested the app...

More information here

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realised, you said Android, not iPhone ... B)

Sorry but..... HA HA! Take that iPhones!

So Fieldy what OBDII etc do we need to look out for? Kinda want this running ASAP :)

Only negative comments on the app have been that it keeps disconnecting, but they think it might be the bluetooth on the OBD, you had any experience of this?

Edited by Chris CW

The one I bought was this

Ebay...

I have no experience with whether it works, I am waiting on the OBD bluetooth transmitter to be delivered so I can test it, the interface is pretty good in terms of what it lets you read, which is pretty much everything!!!

Check this out, dash mounted dell streak (not that I endorse that phone) Dell Streak

Fair do's, but $49.99? Or Rev for $39.99? Compared to Torques £2.95? Ouch!

Why havent we had any iPhone folks doing this yet if the apps etc are there? :?

The Iphone works and has many more features, Android will probably crash...... alot B)

(awaits Iphone haters) :)

The Iphone works and has many more features, Android will probably crash...... alot :)

(awaits Iphone haters) :)

I don't hate the Iphone, but I think the majority of people that get one have no idea of the other market of phones out there and have no idea really what benefits the phone has, it's become a status symbol and fashionable.

But android is much cheaper and will become more advanced eventually, it's already started to happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.