Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
25th Anniversary

brake fluid for gen 6 st202

Question

Hi

Looking to do a full brake flush on my celica st202, will 1 litre be enough to refill?

And as i have wilwood calipers and gonna get some hel braided brake lines, is it better to use dot 4 or dot 5.1 brake fluid?

Was looking at this.......

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/auxiliary-fluids/brake-fluid/?524770042&0&cc5_179

or better still this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Castrol-REACT-Performance-DOT-4-1-Litre-Can-/161982705267?hash=item25b6ebee73:g:UwEAAOSwWTRWxw~9

cheers

Edited by 25th Anniversary

6 answers to this question

DOT4 was a tad over £2 for 500ml with the discount code at ECP the other day. For some strange reason it's cheaper to buy in that size bottle.

I would have thought one litre should be sufficient.

• Like 1

DOT4 was a tad over £2 for 500ml with the discount code at ECP the other day. For some strange reason it's cheaper to buy in that size bottle.

I would have thought one litre should be sufficient.

yeah its £2.69 per 500ml

Is it decent quality?

Edited by 25th Anniversary

does the brake fluid reservoir on the st202 do both brakes and clutch?

and how much would be a typical price for a mechanic to do a fluid change?

Edited by Kona786

separate mate

Thanks bud.

I feel like doing mine to firm up the pedal a bit - but I've heard horror stories of brake seals popping from the new added pressure, if you haven't changed your fluid in a long while,

Anyone had this?

Edited by Kona786

Sign in to follow this