16" tyres

DanH

I am looking to get some tyres today and I can't decide on the size.

wheels are 16" 7J

I was thinking on:

205/50/16

215/55/16

205/55/16 - a lot of options on this size.

what do you think?

I have 16" Momos that came as standard on the SR. The tyre size that is correct for me is 205/50/r16 with a V or above rating. I'm actually running with 205/55/r16 because they were slightly cheaper and should not affect the speedo reading a great deal. The wider the tyre you get ie 215 or 225 the more tram lining and road noise you get and the more expensive it gets. I know this as when I got my car it had 225/45/r16 on and they wern't nice at all. They rubbed slightly on full lock turning also. I'm very happy with 205/55r16 running on about 32/33 psi. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

I have 16" Momos that came as standard on the SR. The tyre size that is correct for me is 205/50/r16 with a V or above rating. I'm actually running with 205/55/r16 because they were slightly cheaper and should not affect the speedo reading a great deal. The wider the tyre you get ie 215 or 225 the more tram lining and road noise you get and the more expensive it gets. I know this as when I got my car it had 225/45/r16 on and they wern't nice at all. They rubbed slightly on full lock turning also. I'm very happy with 205/55r16 running on about 32/33 psi. Hope this helps.

I'm glad you've posted that, I have an SR that will need tyres for it's MOT and I was thinking about changing from 50's to 55's, mind made up now, cheers mate :)

I changed to 205/55/16ss but then I never ran the car on 50s as I did it as soon as I got it. Speedo is still 2mph out (fast) at 60 according to the sat nav.

Cheaper tyres as they are a much more common size, no other reason.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fitted 225/50/16 to the 3 spoke Faff wheels this morning and they are spot on. 1 pair of Conti sports and a pair of Michelin primacys all with 6mm £140 fitted.

Just double checked and I have 225/50R16 fitted to 16"x7.5J (the face life 6 spoke OEM alloys). It's 3% out compared to stock, but you can't get those any more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.