Celica photo challenge.

johny

Might as well, eh? I did give everyone a good chance to get it done before my latest model car wheeze. :(

OK. Your Celica with a big chimney. Factory, power station, that kind of thing - not a domestic chimney.

(Extra points for getting Dick Van Dyke doing his chim-chiminey dance in the picture too. :))

Angus

OK, I did cheat slightly, cos it's my house, but it WAS a school once :unsure: . Incidentally, you can't exactly see them well enough, but the chimney pots we got a friend who's a potter to make them especially for us & they are inscribed (one on each);

I puite often confuse

My quees & my poos

Next challenge, your car with a worm on the bonnet :) (its gardening season!)

Ooh - you sneaky moo! I took it as a school. Oh well, never mind. Worms it is. :)

(in vaguely spooneristic mood, I remember a Two Ronnies sketch where Barker got "b" and "c" mixed up at the start of words - one of his usual fast-talking show-off pieces. Anyway, it ended with him exclaiming "Silly bunt!", which I thought a bit risque for those days. :unsure: I nearly fell off my seat - and can remember it vividly, though I've never seen it again.)

Angus

Ooh - you sneaky moo! I took it as a school. Oh well, never mind. Worms it is. :)

(in vaguely spooneristic mood, I remember a Two Ronnies sketch where Barker got "b" and "c" mixed up at the start of words - one of his usual fast-talking show-off pieces. Anyway, it ended with him exclaiming "Silly bunt!", which I thought a bit risque for those days. :unsure: I nearly fell off my seat - and can remember it vividly, though I've never seen it again.)

Angus

Oh Angus, your advancing years are playing tricks on your mind !

The sketch you think you remember was in fact the Travel Agent sketch by Monty Python. As shown below "silly bunt" didn't actually make it onto the BBC on first showings, and the cut in the filming is evident as the first link shows. The second link is of the live show where it is actually uttered.

"Some material originally recorded went missing later, mostly because of censorship. Sometimes it was just part of a sketch, such as the use of the word “masturbation” in the Summarize Proust sketch (which was muted during the first airing, and later cut out entirely) or “What a silly bunt” in the Travel Agent sketch (which featured a character [idle] who has a speech impediment that makes him pronounce "C"s as "B"s), which was cut before the sketch ever went to air. However, when this sketch was included in the "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" film, the line remained intact."

I've only just found this thread and found it hilarious!!! I've also just spent the best part of 4mins looking for a worm but can't find one at all!!!

Can we have a wiki guide as to how to find worms for putting on your bonnet?

But but but the dirt and mud...

:P wimp... didn't you see my bonnet with a fried egg on it!

I've only just found this thread and found it hilarious!!! I've also just spent the best part of 4mins looking for a worm but can't find one at all!!!

Can we have a wiki guide as to how to find worms for putting on your bonnet?

dig! :D

Don't you just love the youngsters of today - A whole 4 minutes looking for a worm - he must have the patience of a saint :D:D

I've been looking under all the paving slabs Chez MisterC and I found this fella. I know he's a bit small and a bit hairy to probably be a worm in the true sense of the word, but he wriggled like hell and is probably related to a worm somewhere in his life :P

p1010173.jpg

If this is acceptable, I'll set a new challenge.

It's a bloody centipede, not a worm! You are just trying to take liberties with my good nature

No I wasn't, it's just that I'm not very good on the nature thing :P

I was surprised I couldn't find a worm as they're usually all over my garden when I move something.

If this is still going tomorrow I promise to find a really wriggly juicy worm.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.