Steering question

Hello everyone! Have a question in regards to my little red financial nightmare of a Celica AT200 I acquired from Birmingham has another problem, shocking I know. There is a grinding sound coming from the steering system when turning right. Also, one of the rear brake lines is hanging low, but a cable tie will sort that out. My main concern is what common parts fail within the steering system. All pumps were fine, and it's not a bearing, but interestingly enough when I turn the wheel the throttle blips slightly, took a quick visual check and nothing seemed visibly wrong so its leading me towards a track rod end or possibly an arm.

As always, any and all advice is greatly appreciated and hope your Celica is more reliable than mine haha.

What model / year ?

Does the noise happen as you turn the steering (even stopped) ? OR is it as continuous as you go along with the steering to the right ?

Power steering usually has an idle up valve which lets a bit more air through while the steering is under load.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.