Two post lift

Anyone got any ideas on how to lift a Gen 7 Celica GT on a two post lift?

Because of the 30mm drop and the side skirts, the arms of the lift won't go under the car and if they did, they would damage the skirts before the car was in the air.

We thought about jacking it up enough to get the arms with riser blocks under but the jack is then on the jacking points which where we want to put the arms of the lift

Could take off the skirts but that isn't easy or without risk of damage

We wanted to do a check on the rust, clean up and treat with Lanoguard but hit this issue.  The guy who would be doing the work only has a 2 post lift

The guy i go to only has a 2 post lift, and he doesn't have any problem lifting my G7 on Eibach 30mm lower springs.

Is there not a way to adjust the attachments on the end of the lift arms to get them low enough as to fit under the car?

Just now, Crazy Cat Lady said:

Is there not a way to adjust the attachments on the end of the lift arms to get them low enough as to fit under the car?

Yes but on the lowest setting (no attachments), the lift arms don't clear the skirts.  Add an attachment to clear the skirts and the arms won't fit under the car. And he can't add the attachments when the arms are under the car

I've found a guy with a 4 post lift in Mold. Going on Monday for an inspection, prior to treatment

32 minutes ago, Spaff said:

Driving onto a few blocks of wood will do the job

That's an idea worth considering.  Perhaps onto some ramps to lift the front end might provide enough clearance

If the guy I'm going to on Monday doesn't work out, I'll suggest the block idea

OK. It looks the only option is to raise the car on "hard" points (other than the jacking points) and then lift on the 2 post, after increasing the height of the pads (by blocks or adjustment) to clear the skirts, using the jacking points.

Thanks for the info

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.