Centre cap emblems and the TRD logo - what do you think?

52mm is plenty big enough then, the dragon should look great :thumbs:

Yes the wheel is small, it's 30cm/12 inches in diameter. The standard wheel is 14 inches I think so it's quite a difference. I'm very much used to it now and wouldn't go back. It's very weird driving the family Rav4 now, it feels like a boat :lol:

Edited by Foogles

Just email him, that's all I did :)

darrenharding59@hotmail.com

I emailed him last Friday but didn't get a reply til Monday so dont be surprised if you don't hear back over the weekend but during the week his replies were nice and quick :thumbs:

I emailed Darren on Monday but no reply yet.

Is he on his Hols?

Is it the correct addy?

Debs

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Re-emailed Darren and he replied, yes he is very busy but probably in demand for good workmanship, or maybe he's out there with his surf-board - which is what i'd be doing this time of year in Cornwall g-yep.gif

Darren of 'Vinyl Locking' has produced and dispatched my centre caps, and they arrived in this mornings post, and i'm really pleased with them g-thumb.gif

P1000866_zpsdnmmqrm8.jpg?t=1433850998

Just need to work out the best way to stick them on the plastic caps - so the edges won't lift when i wash the car, all good suggestions welcome!

Debs

• Like 2

Update:

Re-emailed Darren and he replied, yes he is very busy but probably in demand for good workmanship, or maybe he's out there with his surf-board - which is what i'd be doing this time of year in Cornwall g-yep.gif

Darren of 'Vinyl Locking' has produced and dispatched my centre caps, and they arrived in this mornings post, and i'm really pleased with them g-thumb.gif

Just need to work out the best way to stick them on the plastic caps - so the edges won't lift when i wash the car, all good suggestions welcome!

Debs

You should be able to prize off the middle of your current centre caps and leave a void to put them in - clean that with tar and glue/degreaser and give it a light sand and they should hold :)

You should be able to prize off the middle of your current centre caps and leave a void to put them in - clean that with tar and glue/degreaser and give it a light sand and they should hold :)

I've already prised the old centre caps off.

The new ones are sticky backed but i would think they could do with a additional outer-ring of resin or strong waterproof glue around the edge to seal them on proper.

I have a little tube of Unibond Extreme Power Glue - "a tough bond that resists shocks, impact, water, extreme temperature conditions ( -50c to 120c )"

It says it's suitable for plastics ( except PE, PP, PTFE ) ...so i'm not sure now g-scratch.gif

I wouldn't personally!

Yeah, Unibond Extreme is a bit dubious so i'll not bother with that one.

My caps have a outer recess that needs something in to hold the outer edge of the new sticker, and stop water and muck getting in.

i could try using copydex, which would be harmless to the plastic caps and stickers but dunno how it would cope with longevity.

Edit : yes you're right, i've just stuck them strait on [without any glue] and they look fine.

P1000870_zpsweewyqpv.jpg

P1000875_zpsdlm4qqyn.jpg

Edited by Crazy Cat Lady

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.