Gen7 Not Starting ?

Hey guys. Had a problem. Car in question is a 2002 140. No oil burning, no previous problems. Saturday night was going down the motorway and out of no where the temp went up to max and started flashing. So pulled straight over on the hard shoulder and as I came to a stop the engine cut out. Opened bonnet to find the return hose to the expansion tank had came off and red coolant all over my engine covers. I let it cool down, put some water in (as thats all I had with me) and went to start it. NOTHING :( Just turns over. Turns over normally with a slight splutter of trying to fire up every now and then. I've checked the oil, its clean. I've got a spark on the ht leads. Been told it's head gasket but surely it would still start and I'd have frothy crap on my oil? Any ideas peeps. If it's a non runner I will be breaking for parts.Thanks, Ben.

have you checked that you have spark on all 4 coil packs - if one coil pack is faulty then the car will not start,

lexus / toyota coil packs tend to fail when the car overheats - and they are often misdiagnosed as HG as a result

I have used tested Coil packs if you do find you need some

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.