Car alarm siren

wintersun

Alarm siren never goes off as such but the alarm does if you know what I mean lol

I can trigger the alarm by locking the car and then opening the doors to set it off (as it were). The flashers all go and the red led flashes fast to show that the alarm has been tripped. But the actual siren makes no noise.

I've had the siren out and all the wires are ok, internal gubbins looks fine too.

Is there a fuse somewhere that might have blown that powers the siren that I can check??

Thanks all

Ps its a gen 6 tvss alarm

Possible that theres some sort of fuse under the dash where it was wired in originally,though it could just be the sirens packed up.Need to be able to get a feed direct to it to be sure really.When I had my alarm fitted last year the new siren that came with it was actually faulty,so had it replaced and was fine.Does happen

Possible that theres some sort of fuse under the dash where it was wired in originally,though it could just be the sirens packed up.Need to be able to get a feed direct to it to be sure really.When I had my alarm fitted last year the new siren that came with it was actually faulty,so had it replaced and was fine.Does happen

I have read on some site just now that over time, water can get into the siren as its located quite low down under the battery/expansion bottle. I did open up the siren box and there was a bit of corrosion on the PCB near where the wires are that feed the speaker siren. Also the backup batteries looked like they have seen better days too. Is it possible to wire the alarm to the horn? or just fix another universal siren to the exisiting wires?

everyting else worksbut the siren, all indicators flash when doors are opened while alarm is active. Plus the led on the centre console tells me the alarm has been set off by flashing really fast. Can only guess that the siren is knacked. No idea is Toyota still sell them? £46 according to some old posts on some other site...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.