OBD1 Reader (gen 5 and 6)

digs

Just hooked it up briefly , nice and straight forward. Car is not moving anywhere at moment (3 wheels...) but interesting watching the graphs show timing etc. nice open loop indicator, and should also show when the knock sensor activates, though looking at the timing curve should show that to !

Interesting on the 3sgte, but I WISH I had this when I was playing with the 3sfte, would have been so useful to sus out basic tuning.

When I eventually get round to buying a mark 1 rav4 (3sfe engine) will be turboing again.... :)

Edited by digs

I got it from a guy in Canada, cam pretty quick, need to email him to get one, his email on at the bottom of his android app page linked to in the first post. Friendly guy, need to get to grips with the app a bit, works but not used to android so keep closing it!

• Like 1

• 9 years later...

Digging up an old thread.

What came of this device ?

Unfortunately my spare time disappeared shortly after this thread with my Dad falling ill and Dying leaving me as full time carer for my Mum which only ended earlier this year.

12 hours ago, _Chris_ said:

Digging up an old thread.

What came of this device ?

Unfortunately my spare time disappeared shortly after this thread with my Dad falling ill and Dying leaving me as full time carer for my Mum which only ended earlier this year.

The guy I dont think develops it anymore but still works, fb group link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505898572959292/

I have two devices still, I struggled with an android phone I had accessing it a couple of years back and never got round to looking at it again properly but might do now if know what it will run on.

Sorry to hear on what you have needed to deal with, my partner had been a full time carer for her parents until recently, it is such a big responsbility (and unthanked so often).

Bearing in mind the newest cars with this format OBD1 are 25 years old now I really don't see enough market to be worth developing at this stage. Saying that, there wouldn't be much effort needed to decode the data stream and output on USB to a laptop if there's enough interest.  If this device is still available it would probably be the cheapest & easiest option.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.