Leather VS Alcantara

tabbaranx

Yeah these are those seats but mine not for sale - i love my seats :D

Aaah boooo! :lol: I reeeeeallly want a set. I think red would be nice but I do love the traditional black seat with the gradiented bride logos down the back. That and Takata are a very happy family! One day...

Stop it... I have a very itchy trigger 'buy it now' finger!! But have wedding stuff to buy. I'm sure Amy would be well pleased with me waxing more money on the car whilst trying to pay for wedding stuff!! Haha.

But I do reeeeeeeeaaly want these! Few more months, and I will get some.

I have leather as I'm a mechanic so I go get dirty, I've tried no end of seat covers but they either look crap or fall off every time you get it. Also after being out on the bike I get very wet and muddy so a wipe with some clothes and it's clean again. My punto has cloth seats and there stinking at the moment!

My shirt sticks to my back with my leather seats.I am not interested in modding but I do fancy some seats I don't stick to and then have a wet back when I get out. I would love to have them re-covered in a deep red alcantara with black leather bolsters. Does anyone know what sort of price range would it be for both front seats only and possibly all seats doing? I would then spray the radio and controls surround the same deep red to match and a new leather steering wheel cover with deep red stitching.

Post from earlier. This guy is your man for all things retriming!! :thumbs:

Alcantara is more expensive because it's man-made and phenomenally hard-wearing. It retails for between £85 - £150 per metre and is 1.4 metres wide.

An average full-size leather hide is around 5 square metres and a top quality, UV treated upholstery hide can set you back £300 plus delivery.

In comparison, approximately 5 square metres of Alcantara (even at £85 per metre) will sting you for £476 (4 metres long x 1.4 metres wide).

As a rough guide to coverage, 5 square metres will usually cover a pair of front seats. Another 5 square metres for the rear seats. So, anyone who fancies a full Alcantara retrim but balks at the £1,000+ quote they're given, just try and remember that the poor trimmer would like to try and get some sort of payout for the huge amount of time and effort that goes into building seats...

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.