altenator or belt ?

So last night i drove to tesco after work and noticed a odd whurring noise and noticed everytime i put my foot on the clutch my lights dimmed, then gets into tesco carpark as soon as i stop the car the dashlights go out battery light comes on. So this morning on the way to work all was fine ? No odd whurring noise pulled into work When i stopped i switched all electrics on windows going up and down and all was fine ? So could it be the altenator or belt or just need the plugs cleaning ?

Also does anyone know the standard amp power of the st205 altenator ? In work we list a 80a or a 70a ? Think there both the same otherwise ?

Some of the wiring can be strange in these, theres a 10A fuse labled "gauge" if that goes and you loose your gauges, gauge lights, reverse lights, windows and the car missfires and cuts out, found that out this weekend!

If i was you id be checking your battery first, first real cold weather now, make sure connections are tight. Test accross to see if its on the low side and possibly charge? If not joy id be looking at the next cheapest bit. Belt.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.