3sfe manual...How to change the gearbox oil?

Right I'm guna change my gearbox oil but am not sure which one and how many litres?

mainly just how to change it I.e is it as simple as drain and fill bolts out then allow old fluid to drain out...bolts with new washers back in then fill till it comes out of the hole.

do I need to take it for a drive going thru all the gears then check level again?

Edited by myimportedbeast

• 1 year later...

yes its as easy as taking the bung out and draining it mate, the bung to drain will be on the side of gearbox low down near the crossmember and the filler bung is on the front of the box, both 24mm. make sure the car is level when doing it and when re-filling keep filling until it starts to drip out again. its about 3.5 litres

its mainly 4wd cars that need a wee spin and re-checked as the oil has to get round the transfer box too, my 182 box took just over 3l but the 185 box needs just over 5l

:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.