stupid steering wheel boss, cant get it off!

First thing put the nut back on the last couple of threads so you dont smack yourself in the face with the steering wheel then just try rocking the wheel side to side with a little forward pull if that dont work gently tap from behind with a hammer

You might need a steering wheel puller - I had to get one for mine. You can pick 'em up on eBay for under a tenner, and they make it a doodle:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty-13pc-Harmonic-Balance-Puller-Gear-Crank-Shaft-Steering-Wheel-Pulley-/130937161192?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item1e7c7685e8

edit - "doddle", even! Doh. Love "autocorrect".

Edited by AlexH

Put the nut back on until almost home, get your socket on the nut with long extension bar and give it a couple of decent clouts just to break the seal, unwind the nut (not fully) hands at quarter to three and rock it should pop off. If it doesn't a puller is your only way as suggested earlier. ;)

Thanx, ill try that and if not, ill get a puller.

Next steering wheel problem.

Some my nuts are rounded, should be hexagons and they are circles! Any way I can get the wheel off and still be able to use the boss.

Thanx, ill try that and if not, ill get a puller.

Next steering wheel problem.

Some my nuts are rounded, should be hexagons and they are circles! Any way I can get the wheel off and still be able to use the boss.

Small little chisel, once you cracked them you will get them off by hand. ;)

No exactly,

In the blue I have a raid steering wheel that I want to put on the black on, that boss is stuck.

The black one has a better boss, a simoni, I think, but that has the rounded bolts.

Easier solution was supposed to be just swap em boss n all, but now better solution would be sort out the rounded bolts and just swap the wheels.

Hope that made sense!

i managed to get mine off with a set or tourqe allen keys when it was rounded as you can wedge them in a slightly rounded hole and just give enough grip to release it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9PC-TAMPERPROOF-OFFSET-TORX-KEY-SHORT-LONG-Security-Allen-Star-Anti-Tamper-CR-V-/310700518508?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&var=&hash=item485731ac6c

Thanx, Carla. The torq keys did the trick on the rounded bolts, hammered them in and they turned.

I didn't realise the wheel wad a genuine momo, and so is the boss, although it only has 70pcd fitting, so plan a is scuppered!

you can get momo-nardi adapter plates for not too much dollar, try the bay- used to have one to fit my nardi classic to my gen 2.

other bonus is that if its like mine one PCD will be slotted, so if "centre" is between splines you can still line it up nicely ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.