haha i just did the butterfly mod on the tsport

man what a difference lol , i disconnected the battery , pulled out the butterfly gently screw a small bolt into the hose and whizzed up the road its does sound awesome and i still have a paper filter lol...

no cels either

its so much different but would you say the hose that you put a bolt /screw in sucks in a lot or not

id say it does sound more better than a induction kit on most of the chaved up cars (i dont mean the CAI that are professionly put on ours lol

well guys it sounds much better but soon i will accompany it with a performance panel filter, upto 5000rpm and no bogging or flatspots and lift it sounds much awesomeness lol and i still have the two bars remaining before it gets to half a tank lol ..

so great result and its nurse amys fault lol because she told me to do it so it got me thinking today and it only took 10mins to take the butterfly out ,reset battery and pop a bolt in the end of the hose plus i didnt need to remove the whole top of the airbox .

I hated the induction boom noise it made and fit the butterfly back in after one day.

But love the back popping exhaust I have.

Horses for courses, you either prefere induction or exhaust noise, or even silent.

I hated the induction boom noise it made and fit the butterfly back in after one day.

But love the back popping exhaust I have.

Horses for courses, you either prefere induction or exhaust noise, or even silent.

Hahaha! Mine does Both! Roars like a Lion and farts like a Horse! :D

Those were the days. I just loved carbs. Matched 1&3/4'' SUs with trumpets on the race minis. Oversized twin choke Webers on the Pintos. Stainless steel pancakes. Heaven.

Go on NewCelica.org there is a guide on there or simply google it.

Expect a flat spotaround 3k, no bhp gains but may actually get better MPG.

I too hated the chav 'roar' the thing made when de-butterfly'd but it beat having a screaming little 140 so I stuck it out.

Also you don't have to put a screw in the pipe.

Edited by LiamGTR

still loving this mod and theres a hell of a difference when i up the lower revs and still no flatspots , if someone has done this and has fitted a performance panel filter do they fancy doing a vid or a soundclip for us .

I like the sound of this mod. Any chance of a how to guide? :)

Unclip the top of the Airbox off and remove. You'll see the butterfly box right on the intake before the panel filter. Nudge the filter back, or remove it - and slide the butterfly box out of it's 'rail'. Uncouple the small tube that enters the top of an almost dome like bit of plastic on top of the butterfly and plug it up with a small screw or bung. It's a suction tube, so it won't blow it out - a screw will be better, with a head. Slide the tube back in to the 'holster' on the lower segment of the airbox and just leave it there. Clip the airbox top back on (after ensuring filter is in position), disconnect the negative (black) cable until the bleeping from inside the car finishes - pop it back on and re-tighten, go out - tank it for 50 miles or so, and the ECU will adjust to the extra air on the intake. Job done. Takes about 3 minutes to do. :)

• 2 weeks later...

ive been finding since ive done the 50 or so miles after the reset my fuel is pretty good so far and car sounds louder (must accompany it with a panel filter after i get the serviced items oil change /new discs pads /new tyres

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.