Bug*er, how to sort this out ?

Poxy Sparco aero wiper blade collapsed in heavy rain the other day and I now have scratches on my screen :angry: :angry: :angry:

Short of a new screen, does anyone know of anything that may at least polish the marks out a bit ?

go steady with the glass polish do not put cold water on the screen run car with full heat to get screen warm as when it cools it cracks so make sure you get car warm inside and blowing on screen, take time dont just rush and get it hot by polisher machine

that may help but i cant say it enough regarding heat, done this many times and when i first started years back i cracked 2 customer screens and never wanted to do that again, least excesses have come down these days

Cerium Oxide is the nuts, an hour and a half of polishing and you wouldn't have known it was scratched, phew !

Update on method, put dark paper under the scratch on the inside, shows up lots better.

Did you do it by hand mate?

Any pictures?

I got a kit which had a pad holder and polishing pads to put in an electric drill which is what I used, due to the security regime of where I work, we do not take cameras in and I did it in a slightly (50%) extended lunch hour.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.