It's a SAD day.

vvtirob

Thanks Sara :)

All sorted now! Got a new Rad on the way, should be here tomorrow morning. Have the day off tomorrow anyway, as was meant to be taking my bro to pick up his new S2000, but just gonna spend the afternoon fixing up the wife! >:)

LUCKILY, everything seems to be okay engine wise, had my local check over the engine as much as they could and he reckons topping her up with coolant after the rad is done will just right itself. Will have to just reset the ECU when the new Rad is on after bleeding the system and hopefully, everything should be okay.

Massive weight lifted! Wouldn't let her go down anyway! NOT WITHOUT A DAMN GOOD FIGHT! :D

so which radiator did you for in the end mate ?

as for the bleeding process me and my mechanic looked it over and what we did was before we put the airbox assembly back again we kept it so the coolant bottle was higher than the engine , made sure heater was on full on the dial and kept pouring it in in short bursts and hung the bottle from the bonnet clasp no problems ,no gurgling etc

Good! Glad everything is ok. I think mine is going to need the aux belt changing soon...squeaky squeaky engine in the cold mornings. My to do list is neverending.

Oh nooooooo! I have to agree - it seems both our lists are growing ever more! LOL! We'll get there in the end! :)

so which radiator did you for in the end mate ?

as for the bleeding process me and my mechanic looked it over and what we did was before we put the airbox assembly back again we kept it so the coolant bottle was higher than the engine , made sure heater was on full on the dial and kept pouring it in in short bursts and hung the bottle from the bonnet clasp no problems ,no gurgling etc

Just went for an OEM one dude; £41 + £9 for next day delivery (tomorrow), I'll have it on no problem when it get's here, got some good guides to follow and that's all you need really! :) I'll try that what you did too, mix up the methods a bit. :)

Good luck, Rob.

I'm going to attempt some small mods on my car this weekend. The other half is away and I'll be left to my own devices. (Let's hope it doesn't go wrong...as I'll be doing it at the side of the road!)

Ideally:

Fitting interior LED

Fitting LED gear knob ring

Making and fitting a cushion for the cup holder (so my phone doesn't get smashed up when it's in there)

Take out the spare wheel and refit the interior boot panel

Put foam inserts everywhere to stop the rattling

Touch up stone chips on the bonnet

Try and sort the long green scratch mark some lovely person made along the driver's side

Plenty more to do...but it depends if I have the time. :)

Steve and Chris are very nice couple, when I was looking for a nice view to drive a round they accompanied me to Cat and Fiddle and even organized a one day noticed meet which generated to 8 members turning up... I can honestly say that they're a credit to the club... Even giving away some parts of they're Gen 7 as long as You collect them... Pretty sure Rob was looked after by them as what He says anyway... :)

Oh definitely Boynx - extremely nice people. Could have left me to it (and I wouldn't have begrudged that at all) - but they didn't. The girls were probably bored and they could have had loads to be getting on with, but they stuck around without any complaints or anything. Proper club spirit that, to make sure a fellow member get's home okay. I owe them both a huge case of beers. :P

Pair of wazzaks. :P

Well, the rad was meant to be here Tuesday, since I paid for next day AM delivery. Still not turned up and we're on Thursday now. Looks like this is going to be a weekend job at this rate. -.-

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.