Engine Flush

Devious

Just wondering if my 20yr old 3s-ge would benefit from a flush.

You know, the add to oil and run for 50 miles. Drain and replace stuff. (obviously the filter too)

Has anyone had experience of or used one before?

Any recommended products?

Cheers

I used this stuff on my oil change 2 weeks ago, just get the engine hot, add to oil leave on tick over for 15mins turn off drain and add new oil and filter jobs a good'n

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wynns-Oil-System-Cleaner-325ml-Engine-Flush-helps-free-sticking-lifters-rings-/110938912660?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item19d4797794

I stick a flush in mine everytime i do an oil change, 160k on mine ;)

Don't drive it with the flush in though, run up with flush for about 15-20mins at about 2000rpm, then drain

Oil comes out thin as water so gets all the crap out too, watch out though it's proper hot :rolleyes:

bek cringed when i told him what the engine flush drive, he doesn't like the idea of thinning out your oil and running it when its like water. i keep it at idle for about 10 minutes. certainly thinner but i wouldn't drive on it god no

Don't drive with this stuff in no matter what. I have also heard it can cause oil leaks etc. in older engines as its sometimes the gunge build up that's keeping the older seals and things sealed.

Even worse for turboed cars as it can fudge up the very precise oil seals in the turbo. Which a rebuild is about £400. I think it would be better to just drop the oil that was up to temp and leave it to drain for as long as possible.

you know I saw this video and it definitely makes you think twice;

But each to their own i guess its personal choice wether you think flush is best for your motor or not

I just do reg oil changes every 3-4k

Devious what mileage is your car at? and secondly what makes you wanna flush it??

Edited by Jay_28

I have only ever "flushed" by putting in new oil and filter of the correct spec but the cheapest I can find running for a few 100 miles then drain and replace with decent stuff. Usually do this when I buy a new car.

Just did this on my gen 7 and was amazed at the crap that came out after just 200 miles.

Edited by adlev27

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.