Subtle exhaust ideas?

In short, I love the sound of the standard exhaust. The burble on idle and revving it slightly is lovely. Most of the aftermarket exhausts I've heard are just hollow, boomy and just sound like "Mhhooooooooooooooop". The TRD one for example, not a fan of it.

I'm looking for an exhaust that would keep the original sound but amplify it a little more? I love the sound of it but in all fairness, I'd like it to be a little louder when I open the taps, and for that burble on idle to be a bit more noticeable :)

I'm not currently looking, but it would be nice to know about such setups. Any ideas?

Edited by geraintthomas

i got a hks cat back for sale only had it 2 months,but its same as stock,has a slight deep note to it,but can hardly hear it,if thats what your after...not sure if it fits the 140 tho,all i know is that it cost me 670 quid lol

I dont think the TRD sounds boomy at all! it sounds more raspy and not too different to stock on tick over, but it all depends on what camera is recording it as that can change the sound immensely.

You could try a Blitz Nur spec, but not sure what you are after really.

Edited by fieldy

i also love the sound of the tsport exhaust , theres growl , a slight resonance noise and a bit of a burble , does anyone know how long a exhaust like this would last as a mate of mine has had a mazda mx5 for 11 years and it still has the original exhaust and i was just wondering would the standard celica sort of be the same or not.

im just worryed its gonna be to loud now lol

:lol: I once contemplated getting the invidia. Till I got told how loud it was :lol: Meant to be a bit crazy. Dont think I'd like to do motorway driving with one. But Then I dont think I could ever get rid of my TRD exhaust as it's so pretty :)

The TRD is a perfect mix of OEM subtlety and a nice deep noise when booted.

On tick over and normal driving it is just subtle tones but comes to life when the revs go up.

You could always remove one of the resonators from the original stock box.

Curious as to where you heard the TRD though as I've only ever heard them at best described as a deluxe stock tone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.