engine oil for gen 7 gt.

horner1990

Yeah I see where you're coming from, but oil is the blood of the engine & the good quality stuff sits firmly at the top of my list. People don't seem to think twice about buying some tacky mods for £50, so I can't see why anyone would skimp on oil? The old adage - look after your engine & it'll look after you :)

I would hardly call upgrading from the semi synth that Toyota recommend to a fully synthetic oil.."skimping". On a boosted Gen 7, I'd be spending £50 on a full ester oil too, but on a standard car, regular changes and dip stick checks are more important than expensive oil.

As always..each to their own, but I've noticed a few owners on here who live from one pay day to the next, and don't like to see them spending more money than really necessary.

Way i view it you maintain the car in accordance with use - if you like to drive around as intended not ragging it everywhere then there is no need to be spending exhorbitant amounts on top of the line oils when the recommended fluids are more than ample for your needs.

On the other hand if you take your car on the track, have it modified or went to the further expense of boosting the motor then you will require and benefit the added protection from the higher quality - and subsequently more expensive - lubricants.

As with 99% of things, you gotta pay if you want to play!

I don't have a Gen7 so my post is a bit off topic but i do use good quality oil in my car. I want the engine to last another 40 years and I change it far more often than I need.

When I built the engine I spoke with Millers Technical department and said I planned on using their fully synthetic racing oil but he advised me it was over the top for my needs and suggested a lesser oil..this threw me a bit but we then had a good long chat about oils and I ended up using one of their products at half the price!

As keef-b above says.....it all depends on how you use the engine. Cheap oils break down when they are thrashed as they can't cope with prolonged heat. Then again if you only occasionally thrash the car they are adequate.

Our cars are very personal and some want to pamper them and some just want to use and abuse......different strokes! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.