looking for best prices in tyres for the tsport

Akuma77

ive sent a few emails around this morning asking what mid range tyres they can do in my size and also asked if i was to purchase tyres online how much would they cost for them to swap fronts to rear and then fit new ones to front.

on the tyre review site here :

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/

Ive noticed the following heading :

premium branded tyres

mid range branded tyres

economy branded tyres

budget tyres

Now budget tyres are going off my list (but I was wondering what about economy /mid range /premium or do i need to stick with the top two?

Plenty of great choices in that mid range section so I would stick with that.

Those ku31's on camskill for 50 quid look good but it says they are out of stock. Possibly a discontinued tyre?

I know you want to keep the costs down but at the end of the day the tyre is the only thing in contact with the road so best not to skimp for the sake of a few quid.

There's only 2 runners in this price range & that's the kumho KU39 & the falken ZE914. Tyredrive or camskill.

You'll be advised by plenty of folk to stick the new/better rubber on the rear as well fella. If you can stretch to it I would replace all 4 at the same time. It makes a difference to the overall handling, each corner then has the same amount grip ;)

no i know what you guys are saying , i do only need two as these are getting very worn and they are on the back trailers (the avons)

i think i have these on the front :

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Falken/ZIEX-ZE329.htm

but i dont think they are as good as the avons from that review ...

the avon zz3s are very good value for money delivered but then would be the extra cost of getting the two fitted ( i will have to find out how much )

but 130-140 on two mid range branded tyres seem very good especially as one of the garages i called up said they would cost 91 each fitted at the normal place i use so maybe they will cost under 200 if i got them delivered .

I've not bothered to look at all the links but I've heard that the Avon's are good tyres but not very well structured. A friend had them on his 150bhp Primera GT and had2 or 3 issues with the sidewalls of the tyres

Personally I'd go Falken ZIEX ZE-912's if you can find them as they're grippy in the dry, not awesome in the rain but you dodn't need to drive as hard in wet conditions and last forever

If not then again try and source some T1-R's if you want grip but be warned they wear quickly :(

Kumho KU31's I had on my car before and never had any issues with wear etc but I can honestly say that of all the tyres I've had onl;y the T1-R's can compete with the Falkens I've had for grip although there are many better tyres out there I'm sure but they'll be more expensive

In the wet the KU39's are brilliant, even when we had a bit of ice back in December she didn't twitch once. Nowt better than having confidence in your tyres.

yeah i did see what you said about them and they sounded good , what are they like in the snow as well

Yeah I don't think you would go far wrong with any of those choices but I appreciate you want the best for your money. At the end of the day you will only know if you like a tyre by trying them out.

Looking at the falkens I think I would be tempted by the 914 as its a newer tyre and price is virtually the same as the 912.

• 2 weeks later...

the avon zz3s are very good value for money delivered but then would be the extra cost of getting the two fitted ( i will have to find out how much )

I have Avon ZZ3s and they are pretty bad in the wet. I don't advise them

• 1 month later...

Ordered a Pair of Kumho 39 and will be fitted this coming wednesday as I can't wait to change My crap Sunny Tyres at the rear wheels. Just so scary when its Wet and I can't hang on to it til next weekend. Paid 85£ fitted per Tyre and its the cheapest I can get at My Local garage, Can actually get it for 78 fitted but then I have to wait til next Saturday and drive to Macclesfield which is about 30Miles.. 60 round trip and it will work out the same with fuel cost plus the travel time too...

I have always used Pirelli P Zero. 205/45/17. My local independent tyre fitter will undercut any Internet sites,changed a set of tyres on my last Celica before Christmas and he only charged me £126 each fitted. I have Toyo fitted to my spare set of 18" alloys, great in dry conditions but shite in the wet,they will be getting changed to Pirelli when they are worn.

I just bought 2 Kumohs for the rear 215/45/17 as I have 7.5j on the rears. Got them from blackcircles for £83 fitted each. Having them put on Saturday morning. Bout time I got rid of the cheapo budgets ;)

Yeah Mate, The one that came off my Rear wheel was a Sunny tyres and it scares me to death specially when it's wet... haven't tried Kumho in wet weather condition but I'm sure it's so much better than my previous one... I also fitted 215/45/17... There was actually a Matador MP46 there and the review with this brand is very good. I touch the surface of the matador MP46 and I can say that the rubber has a very good grip.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.