What OBD2 Wifi and iPhone App Are You Using?

Gstraw

The apps can give you BHP and torque, but it uses other figures like the weight you enter and a 0-60 time to simply GUESS the BHP - wouldn't use it as a true figure

I'm tempted by a WiFi reader because of my Bluetooth hands-free kit - so my old one will be up for sale if anyone's interested

I suppose i was more hinting to the point of a corp member who is called DNA Motorsport is promoting the use of OBD2 apps to give BHP readings, you'd think they would know better, but after reading another thread on here i can see why now :(:angry:

• 4 weeks later...
I'm tempted by a WiFi reader because of my Bluetooth hands-free kit - so my old one will be up for sale if anyone's interested

Chris, may I ask what problems you are having? I presume when you phone connects to your handsfree, it won't connect to the OBDII? I have a headunit that handles handsfree so bluetooth is on all the time and automatically connects to my phone. How do you currently use your bluetooth handsfree with the sensor?

I'm just trying to weigh up the odds between a cheap Bluetooth one or the wireless one someone posted the link to earlier.

i been using Torque app, good app but limited, nice bit of eye candy and can be used as a HUD too.

limited to what info is coming out of the obd2 port on your celi.. would have been nice to have oil pressure reading.

you can have two blue tooth devices running at the same time if you have a reasonably competent smart moby. i use a Samsung note 2 and it bluetooths to my Kenwood head unit and the obd2 unit at the same time both working simultaneously.

only downside is a slight time lag, so when using shift lights, by the time your rev lights hit red and its time to change gear, because of the lag you have already hit the rev limiter...Doh! looks nice though.. :D

Big benefit of useing this app is that its dead easy to read engine fault codes and clear them at a touch. even set up an alarm for when engine throws one up and get notified straight away.

Edited by Trebor4460

The bluetooth sender stays on too m8, the obd2 connector is live all the time and no switch on thesender. Saying that mine is connected all the time adtobehonestitsa minimal draw.

Spose you could run the live from the connector to the useless dash window on, off switch and use that as an on, off switch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.