What is a good weight for an alloy

sadlebag

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yours tyres will prob weigh over 15kg each on there own without rim

worth every KG though as i dont need a jack, spare, or tools in my boot so probably saving 15kg at least

and I dont need to worry as much about blowouts, also dont let anyone scare you about runflats.....my last set the o/s rear had a puncture for over a year and still drove fine, just made a different road noise when it was going down. Lowest i ever seen it was 6 psi and was still solid

as for the GT4 stock rims I just bought pauls old ones and can vouch for how light they are, I have been carrying 2 at a time around my garage ;)

So who makes a nice light 16 or 17 inch wheel?

toyota do in the standard 3 spokes :P

the oz super turismos are a fair bit lighter too, I picked up a set of 17's on monday and they are near enoguh half the weight of the chronos, granted they dont look as good but if weight is your game and all :thumbs:

10kg for the 3 spoke gt4 rim seems alot to me...was thinking of a set for myself or enkeis..

mrsoundcraft has a set of enkie rims for sale think they are rp01's I have seen them and held them and without tyres they are not much lighter than the GT4 3 spokes with tyres..........they are still light though and really pretty, one of the only after market wheels that looks good on a celica

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.