Wiper arms

BenP1977

Hi

Does anyone know if they are interchangable between Gens?

The rubber bit has perished on my wiper blades so I ordered a sexy-looking set of flat Aero blades, apparently for a Gen 4. My Dad popped round today and we fitted a new set on his Civic which promted me to actually look at the fittings on mine. I was expecting a hook-type fitting so I could take the old wiper off and simply fit the new Aero-blades. However, the wiper arm and fitting and blade all appear to be one single unit, making it difficult to change!

Am I being a complete wally or am I going to have to replace the whole arm?! I've never had to do that on a car before...

Thanks.

Ben.

I'm not sure on the gen 4 but I've seen older cars with screw on wiper blades...can't say it's the same for you as Ive never got close enough to a 4... Can you just get a normal blade and swap the rubbers and metal strips from the new blade to yours?

Alot of the older jap cars had a screw type fitting, usually two small screws on the end of the arm.

Take these out and the wiper and its fitting should slide off the end of the arm.

Not sure if you can use the flat type wipers, you might be able to get some sort of adaptor to enable you to fit them though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.