Annoying rattle at 2000 rpm..... Now tracked down :)

Trebor4460

Well, had a real annoying rattle develop at around 2000 rpm but eased off when warm, came from the back end so first suspect was the rear heat Sheild, yep it was loose so pinned it back on.. And... Still rattling, :(

Up on the ramps again .. Yep it's bloody cold out there tday, and traced the rattle to the resonator on my Blitz Nur Spec zorst, the zorst has had a few bumps in the past and must have loosened the internals .

Now these zorst retail at over 800 notes so I chanced my arm down the local Powerflow suplier and he's gonna cut the resonator out altogether and weld in a straight peice of stainless pipe, and for £45 all in so a result as even though it wasn't doing any harm I couldn't live with the rattle.

Goes in next Monday, be interesting to see if it makes any difference in the noise leval. ;)

Don't get a straight through pipe, it will be well too loud and will be very raspy (bee in a tin can) yuk... Might also lose power due to lack of back pressure. I know this from experience back when I have a hyundai coupe i got a straight through system made up, was too raspy, unbearably loud and lost power. I would get another resonator welded in the replace the broken one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.