Size of JDM Rear Number plate

Just a quick question, I just got myself a rear JDM plate holder for my gen6 and was wondering what size plate it takes? Obviously its not standard UK size. But I go on websites to order a square plate and they have 100s of different sizes, so im not sure what size I need. If anyone could point me in the right direction id be grateful :D Thanks!

Also, sqaure on the front aswell or leave it as a standard UK plate? Im 50/50! As I just think a plate looks wrong on the front full stop :P

Get yourself on ebay get yourself a 13 x 7 rear and get a stick on plate for the front :)

normal plate on front

DSC_0450.jpg

import plate on front

DSC_0618.jpg

although you should put the plate slightly lower down

Edited by sr666

Cheers for the replis. Think ill go with a 12x6 as like he said dont want loads over hanging! As for a plate holder on the front, as far as im aware its straight on the bumper allready i think?

Ah fair enough. On some you'll find a piece of plastic which the plate screws through to to the bumper? My only other suggestion might be a stick on plate as opposed to a perspex one or whatever they use lol

stick on plates wont pass an mot. i ordered 1 couple of years ago for my gen5 and was told to change it for the mot.

has to be a proper plate. not a plastic stick on

since when? edit I apologise I was led to believe the sticker plates are legal but they're not as they don't meet reflectivity regulations. I'm still getting one though lol :D

Easy answer is keep the original as long as it's possible to read then screw it back in for MOT. Simples :)

Edited by sr666

• 2 weeks later...

Well, problem no.1 it turns out it DID have a plate holder, which is not there but is left with 2 big sqaure gaps in the front bumper behind the number plate. So the numbr plate is just screwed onto the front bumper, which means I cant really change it to a squre plate or id have to either fill in the screw holes or buy a new bumper to make it look half decent.

Problem no.2, I bought some plates at Trax, not remembering the size suggested i bought 11x8 so its too big to fit in the rear plater holder! Is it ok for me to trim it down, as in will it still be legal or will I have to get another plate made?

Edited by CelicAsh_

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.