MOT for rebuilt Celica

Walleroo

Hi guys,

I'm shortly going to be chucking her in for the MOT.

I have replaced the engine, exhaust, suspension, brakes, pretty much everything really and am concerned regarding emissions.

She currently sits there without the battery plugged in as it soon runs flat. Regarding the ECU and how long it takes to settle I was going to warm the car up the night before leaving her on tick over and will then leave the battery on and then drive down in the morning.

The local garage is only a mile away. She has no tax or MOT and is currently SORN. I don't want to go driving her about beforehand as its illegal and where I live has a busy police station and I am that unlucky. :(

Just wondering how long the ECU takes to sort its life out and will it do it being revved a few times on my driveway?

Many thanks for any suggestions. It's taken a year to rebuild so. Really want to pass this :thumbs:

Oh. It's a Gen5 ST182 if it makes any odds :)

to be honest if the car is running right and has been serviced then should pass emisions test no problem

anyone who does the "get your cat hot" to pass an emisions test is just ignoring the fact their car isnt running right

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.