Grinding noise at StartUp

U kno whn the engine is running ....

...u stopped, leave it runnin in idle in neutral gear as u wait for someone...

Thn whn u decide to leave....u forgot the engine was runnin and turn the key to get this grindin noise from the engine?

Well i got tht grinding noise this mornin as i startup the car?!!!!

I stopped turning.

Restart the car and it was fine.

Just wondering if i hav anythin to worry abt or tht grindin noise at 1st startup is a sympton of anythin?

You can get that from time to time mate unless it's doing it all the time theres no need to worry .

It's the starter motor on the odd ocassion they can not quite catch the fly wheel properly or get a bit sticky

which will cause the noise you'r on about

If it starts to do it more regular then you may have a starter prob but at the mo i don't think you need to worry

yeah what he said. very very occasionally you starter will try to engage and hit the teeth and spin up on the teeth, instead of into the teeth to turn. it should be fine when tryed a second time :thumbs:

So the noise only happened when the engine was running and you tried to turn the key to start it again?

That's 100% normal. Happens all the time with the works van :lol:

Wont be a problem unless you keep on doing it then presumably it could wear away at some of the teeth/gears

All good though!

Oh - Hmm. Bit odd but as long as it doesn't keep happening it shouldnt be a problem. As said, it'll just be the gears missing :)

Fingers crossed thn mate!

Not often i get to drive a vert with our weather :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.