3sfe help

my mate has bought am mr2 to cheer himself up as his missus has left him , traveled about 20 miles home and its knocking like a bastard

popped around today , it sounds like something is loose in there , have taken off rocker and everything looks good

so come up with , its top end , poss 1 or 2 , and its not a constant rattle , they more revs you give it the worse it gets any ideas , or common faults he should look for

apart from the wads on my nice white t-shirt , yes and its pumping around fine

to describe the sound , its like if a nut has come off and is being flung around , not a constant knock knock knock

There was a guy on here a while back who had a weird knocking sound from his 3sfe.

Think it was darrens2.

He traced it to his crank pulley!

Turns out the rubber 'cush-drive' type layer (if you're into bikes, that term might seem familiar) in the pulley had degraded & the outer part was wobbling like a mofo!

to describe the sound , its like if a nut has come off and is being flung around , not a constant knock knock knock

had exactly that sound in my olf fiesta, just before the bottom end blew.. but that was a ford..

MR2 coupe hade 3s-fe but GT and GT T bar had 3s-ge.

Does sound like bottom end but they were prone to water splashing up into the alternator and cracking the alloy casing.

Bottom pulley is possible wit the age of them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.