fitting new stereo wire auxillary into centre cubby hole

Hi guys

Will be buying my new stereo this week and have been looking in to what I need. Im sorry if it is another repeat thread.

I was looking at this: http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/toyota-celica-mr2-spyder-double-din-car-cd-stereo-fitting-kit-fascia-wiring-p-9769.html

I was also thinking because the stereo im looking at buying has a rear auxillary port of wiring the cable through into the top of the cubby hole in the centre console. Im gussing I will have to drill a hole in it to fit the cable through just wondering if theres any guides on how to do this.

Cheers

Alex

Those look just like side infills? if so im sure you can get them from toyota for much less and get a ISO connection from ebay cheap aswell, might save you a efw pennies.

Should just be a matter of drilling a hole in putting the cable through, maybe need some way to stop it falling back through the hole, but since the center console will be out to fit the new HU then shouldnt be difficult.

Oh and whats the stereo your getting?

Spent the last week looking at which one to get and finally settled with this one:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_868945

Was on offer though last night when I ordered so got it for only £195.00. So just gonna bluetooth my music across from my old iphone that i dont use for anything anymore that way ive got phone calls integrated into it aswell. Personally I liked this one the most over other double din units and I reckon it will suit the cars pretty much standard interior straight away. Couple of other units I looked at the buttons were a little too stretched.

I got those side infills and thought they were crap. Didn't really fill the sides and still had top and bottom gaps. My advice is to get the pre-facelift surround. I got one free from a mate and it fits beautifully snug :)

Ah ok too late now as they're already dispatched. I'll have a look what theyre like once I've gkt the stereo which should be here Friday so will have a look then.

Atleast if theyre a bad fit ill know why. And can get some prefacelift ones quickly

Hope you didnt pay the halfrauds price bud.

http://www.caraudioc...5bt_p-27486.htm

I used the sony surround for mine and used the standard brackets to mount it

DSCF2241.jpg

Ordered it monday night was on offer at the time at £196.97 and thats what shows up on my email invoice. So it must have been on offer when I bought it as theres no way id pay the £300 odd. Ah ok ill have a look see what these ones I ordered are like. But have you got a link to the sony ones mate? just in case :P

I probably wouldn't even pay £200 for a double din with no screen but I'm tight and fussy :D:P

I used to Sony surround too, ams sells them £10 if he has any left, the Sony hu boom caused everyone to buy one off him hahaha.

My console is wrapped so I put filler in the dips to smooth it off on the surround then wrapped over it, so it's nice and smooth as opposed to having the dips in :)

Smoooooooth

ef30ef68.jpg

Edited by oMIKEYo

i routed my aux cable into my 140's centre cubby hole.

there's actually 2 holes in the top corners of the back of the cubby hole already, one in left, one in right, so depending on which side you want to feed the cable in from, you might just need to widen that hole a little.

a cable tie on the wire will then stop the cable falling back into the inside of the dashboard, or one on the back to stop it being pulled out too far.... or one of each :)

Oh ok i will drop halek a pm then in a min. Yeah spoke to ams, top bloke...ordered 2 d-shaped hooks from him so asked him about the sony fascia and he said he will look into it for me?

Also ben have you read the pm i sent you about doing the faux suede roof lining with a sun roof. Been speaking to martin for a while about doing it, and he suggested to ask you as he thought you had done the mod with a sunroof aswell :)

And yes the ones i bought were total shite aswell :(

Cheers

Alex

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.