Gauging Interest

I don't know if many of you have heard of this, but it was on wheeler dealer and the results looked really good. There is a link to the video of it on there website for you all to view if you want.

Any way i have just found out of a place that does it in Sudbury, Suffolk. I was thinking that there might be a chance to get the price i was quoted a little cheaper (£95). If we could get a group of us all down there one Saturday. Might be even a chance of a mini meet as well.

But before i ask him i will need an idea of numbers.

Thanks

http://www.terraclean.co.uk/

Edited by jontyd

I've just emailed them asking about any places in the north-east which are offering this service as Suffolk is a little far to travel. Looks pretty interesting though and I'm loving the nutty professor look the guy has got going on.

Anyone heard any reviews, good or bad? Would be interesting if anyone who owns an MOT garage could actually go so they could do a before and after test on the emissions (I'm assuming it would give better emission results if it was successful)

Edited by stubear666

I've just emailed them asking about any places in the north-east which are offering this service as Suffolk is a little far to travel. Looks pretty interesting though and I'm loving the nutty professor look the guy has got going on.

Anyone heard any reviews, good or bad? Would be interesting if anyone who owns an MOT garage could actually go so they could do a before and after test on the emissions (I'm assuming it would give better emission results if it was successful)

That Edd China, tv's biggest pleb. Pretends to fix cars on Mike Brewer shows while someone else actually does the work - except for that time he restored the front of a capri with rattle cans......

I'm not too convinced by the product to be honest, a modern engine shouldn't be affected by carbon build up really anyway, I mean I've opened up lots of 100k mile plus zetec and ecotecs amongst other 'modern' engines and I've never seen anything I'd describe as carbon coking. I'd be more concerned about what this stuff does to the rest of the system (O2 sensors & cat) while its shredding its way 'clean burning' ?

it will work and you will get improved fuel etc etc but at £95 a shot it would need to either give me at least more than another 10mpg or last for more than a year.......food for thought :thumbs:

I'd rather participate in a group buy involving dipping one's man truncheon in an enthusiastic bowl of piranhas, more chance of something productive happening

carbon does 2 things , it slows the gases through the engine thanks to piss poor casting by the manufacturers , simply put the interior surfaces are lumpy , carbon fills the gaps but grows how it pleases so doesnt give a smooth surface and replaces 1 jagged surface with another , it can also reduce the size of holes in the engine , it also adds weight to components to a very small degree making the engine work slightly harder

however it also acts as a buffer and makes an engine quiet , it also stops to a degree vibration but it can in extreme cases create more vibration but you would need to be burning oil to see this

so this stuff kills off all the carbon yeah ?

the result will be for a very very very short while a slight increase in power and mpg , call it say 1-2% , the sort of increase only and engineer can find but cant be felt

my problem with shit like this is simply this , the engine to be coked up enough to have a real difference must have a fundamentalist problem in the first instance , its running rich as a bastard , without sorting this you will be in the exact same position within 1000 miles but down £100 for your trouble , showing a very short term effect is ok but once fuels running through it once more and under load i promise you that cars going to revert to what it was

asda flog redex at £2.50 on special , stick 1 in once a month for the same effect

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.