drag race advice

for the last 6 months or so i have been working on the looks of my car :P (not very computer wise once i work it out ill try and put a thread up) more pose then power i guess lol. but i decided i needed a direction to go with the car and i got that need to go faster lol.

its the 140 engine so i know i will spend my time looking at peoples break lights but still has anyone got any advice for me? like how to find a good starting rev point or just anything really so i dont look like a lemon out there.

im going to the rwyb at santa pod in august. who knows if i really enjoy it i might start stripping the car out and everything :P. been looking into an engine swap to 190 but thats something for in a year or two. i would swap cars but spent so much time on this body that it would be a killer to lose it :(

When you're staged (on the line) pull the handbrake up and keep the button pushed in. Sit on the biting point of the clutch and rev at about 4000rpm, when the lights go green release handbrake, release the clutch and keep the throttle half open to reduce wheelspin. Then when the tyres bite just go full throttle. Sounds easy but the start is very gard to master, especially if you don't have good tyres.

One thing to remember about RWYB days is that your reaction time isnt taken into effect, so unless your really bothered about beating the person next to you, dont worry about setting off as soon as the green light is on, just concentrate on your launch and get a good time instead of worrying about the person in the other lane. My best times on the strip when I had the GT-Four were either on my own or being up against a vastly more powerful car than me (in this case it was a 600bhp R33)

• 1 month later...

well its a bit delayed but im heading to santapod the first saturday in september. i stripped out the back of the car. took it for a small drive and it had actually made a difference. i was really suprised :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.