Help! Gen 6 Wiper Motor Problem.

So a couple of weeks ago my windscreen wipers stopped working. Tested fuse all ok.

I got a replacement motor from Izzy.

Today I started taking the old motor off, undid the 4 bolts, pulled it through a bit and undid the nut on the back!

Then I hit a problem. I still couldn't get the motor off, completely stuck!

I managed to get a screw drivers behind it, and off it popped! But it's popped off at the ball joint inside!

Now I still can't get the ball joint off the motor and then I've no idea how I'm going to get it back inside the ball joint once I refit to my new motor. If I ever manage to do that.

Anyone replaced a wiper motor before can advice before I put my car up for sale again. (very clean but missing window wipers)

Heres a couple of pictures:

The old motor, with the ball joint part completely stuck on.

IMAG0546-1.jpg

Where it used to live on the engine bay, with the old ball joint inside that little hole. :giveup:

IMAG0547-1.jpg

Any ideas?!

Edited by Sawyer

I can hook the ball joint inside out. But I don't see how I'll be able to press it back in. :(

Also I still can't get that ball joint off the motor, it's completely seized.

I'm going to stick to cleaning them in future, i'm useless with spanners.

In other good news, managed to fit my seat belt. So I now have a working passenger seat belt.

In other bad news, just noticed some rust under my rear spoiler. Will take it off for some investigation!

Yay!!!! Managed to fit it and got it working!!!

Now took them all off again to get the wipers a lick of paint and also the motor before refitting.

I love my GT-Four. :D :D :D :D :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.