Pre-brake fitting question

GTsillycar and myself are fitting my new disks and pads tomorrow and I would like to know if there is anything I could do to help bed them in.

M-Tec disks and Red Stuff pads are going onto my baby so I'll be able to stop again :)

I can concur with the stopping when red stuff pads are cold. Going down the Hill next to my house takes Alot of force to stop at the bottom in the morning.

Indeed, if it's not too late get yellowstuff - also best when hot, but they heat up much faster, and are far better at all temperatures. I regret not going with what I knew, but I thought to myself I've never tried reds, I wonder what they're like.... and now I know I shan't ever be buying them again!

I can concur with the stopping when red stuff pads are cold. Going down the Hill next to my house takes Alot of force to stop at the bottom in the morning.

if thats one of the hills either in birch wood or crown wood then im glad i didnt go for red stuff as those arnt two overly big hills and as you spend most of your time in traffic around bracknell in the mornings i wouldnt have thought your breaks even got to the point of getting hot do they

I also heard that Red's were the ones to have :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I do hope this is not the case, coz I love late braking, but I dont want to kill myself coz they are cold....

I have the same set up, MTec discs with red stuff pads & can confirm they work very well from cold.

Just take braking easy for the first 100 miles at least (a bit more if you do a lot of motorway driving) &

once bedded in you shouldn't have any issues. I wish I'd gone for this set up when I first changed my

brakes as the EBC turbo grooved & green stuff pads IMHO....are the crappest combination. Damn

annoying ticking discs!!

Been very impressed with the MTecs so far ;)

if thats one of the hills either in birch wood or crown wood then im glad i didnt go for red stuff as those arnt two overly big hills and as you spend most of your time in traffic around bracknell in the mornings i wouldnt have thought your breaks even got to the point of getting hot do they

Wooden hill which is sufficiently steep that cars have trouble getting up it when it has been snowing. Hence proper winter tyres nov-mar :) the red stuff pads are warm enough by the time I reach mill lane round about. However my brakes are grinding despite having loads of pad left front and rear :(

one of the worst hills i know around there has to be the one outside the john nike ice rink the amount of cars i sore loose it coming down there when i worked there was a night mare until they opened up the road that comes through from the western

i went with the ebc ultimax pads on mine will just watch for the bedding in coating to be warn off but seemed pretty good right out the blocks after fitting them

Edited by carlasumm

Brakes fitted and working absolutely perfect!!

Huge thanks to GTsillycar for your hard work, Adam for making the brew's and a cracking home made pizza, Mummy GTsillycar for the driveway, and MR.T for giving GT a reason to take me out in the new GT4 (but i will not be turned)

Brakes fitted and working absolutely perfect!!

Huge thanks to GTsillycar for your hard work, Adam for making the brew's and a cracking home made pizza, Mummy GTsillycar for the driveway, and MR.T for giving GT a reason to take me out in the new GT4 (but i will not be turned)

Your welcome mate, how's it all feeling now?

Will not be turned? ppsssshhhhh :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.