Rattle can alloys

Probably going to have to do mine myself as I won't be able to afford powder coating.

Just wondering how long it lasts or is it pointless....

Obviously I would prep up as I should and I'm pretty good with a rattle can. Just concerned about how tough the finish would be....

Cheers,

Mine last set i refurbed lasted about 3 year, and i only ended up getting them powedercoated as the alloy it's self started to bubble from under the paint (common problem on Gen 7 16" alloys), i was going to rattle can them again, but i found a place local to me that does powdercoating for £30 a wheel (including shot blasting), and by the time you factor in buying the paint, and all the prep to rub the wheels back down to bare metal (which im my case i needed to do to stop the bubbling) it worked out easier to pay someone to do it for me

But yes, if you put in the prep work and use some etch primer onto the bare alloys, then you should get a good long lasting finish as long as you keep on top of cleaning them regularly (and park 2 foot away from curbs :lol: )

Nice one cheers Rich :thumbs: might as well give it a go.... Gives me an excuse to sort out the garage this weekend to turn it into a spray booth ;)

Looking at your avatar I noticed how far away from the corner you were.... No clipping going on there :)

Nice one cheers Rich :thumbs: might as well give it a go.... Gives me an excuse to sort out the garage this weekend to turn it into a spray booth ;)

Looking at your avatar I noticed how far away from the corner you were.... No clipping going on there :)

Check out my video, i was clipping the apex's in that :thumbs:

Also put a good few thin coats on and build it up will fuse beter that way.

Then the same with the top clear coats .

Done mine geting on a year ago and still good .

Only had to touch up where the wheel brace had scratched the paint . So done away with the oem nuts and got tunner nuts instead :blush:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.